My 06 d22 STR

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lapsed

Reaction score
Thought its about time to show off My NAV.

I sold my '89 GQ patrol td42. And purchased the '06 ZD30 STR. The main purpose for the vehicle is camping and 4x4ing. With the plan to Travel teh Canning stock route middle of 2011.

Has about 68K km's on it. Purchased it with a factory winch bar, side steps. Also has an ERP and a crappy double din dvd player.

First Mods were a Long Ranger 125l fuel tank and a rear swing away rear bar, Both from a wreckers.

Then on went the snorkel, Rallyee 4000 spotilights, oil catch can, 3" mandrel exhaust system as well as the egr mod.

Cheers Chris

Also recently Fitted up a Tirgerz11 12000lbs winch, Arb canopy and an ARB CKMA12 air compressor mounted under the Bonnet. In the middle of constructing a center roof console to house my tait 2000 UHF and the codan HF radios.

Here are a few action shots from the recent forum trip

Last edited:
Also I have set up a dual battery system. With a Optima red top for the starter battery, a century 75ah deep cycle in the tray. With a Redarc smart controller in the middle controlling the charging.

Spent today putting in some strip lighting to the canopy. just over 4.5m in the canopy.

Will post up a few more shots of the gear once up loaded. Still a few more Mods to come when the funds allow it. Next major project will be some Rear Draws in the tray to tidy up my camping gear.

Cheers Chris

Last edited:
looks the goods mate, was just wondering which wrecker did you go to get your long range tank?
cheers,

tukangbaso i found it at Wannero 4x4 dismantler's they had 3-4 D22 in stock. I got all the good parts when i was in there

Here are a few more shots of things

The canopy

The Winch

Cheers Chris

im liking the strip lighting! where about did you get it from?

sweet car looks like its getting set up for some nice weekends away

cheers for the reply. will have a look at it shortly as 500ish kms / tank i find is not enough especially on long trips having to keep refuelling.
anyway nice work with the car might ring you up if i need some help.. :rock:

Canopy looks the goods chris the pooch will be happy, but where are you goin to put the taj mahal?

Cheers for the replies. Roundy, yeh mickey will be happy. Next on the list is a roof rack system so i can carry the Taj Mahal. Scotty do you know who made the bar? it has certainly helped. Tim.Duncan I brought it off the net from china, cost about $50 for the 5m 30led per metre. tukangbaso if yuou need a hand let me know, I'm willing to lend a hand.

Chris

Updates

Its Been a while between mods. Very Busy at work. So i used the time off between Chrissy and now to start the rear draws and water tank set up.

Using a ally Connection System From Bunnings to make the frame work. Skate board bearings for the runners. I'm going for a slide out tray with Plastic Crates Instead of the usual draws. This makes it easier at camp to pack and un-pack.

The water tank is a 100l plastic Rectangle. Got a 12v pump and a electric tap for it as well. Hoping to have it mostly knocked up tomorrow as going away on friday for 2 nights camping.

Also got some 55w hid's For the Rallyee 4000's on order. Next on the list is an ARB Roof Rack, then 2" lift

Cheers Chris

Back