265/75/16 on a D22 - Want answers? Use this thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digbyj

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Man this website is gettin addictive!
Scottybobcat wants to take me out 4b ing so gotta make sure my tyres are up to scratch.
Would 265 75 16's work in a stock D22?
Have heard it can make them a bit slow down low?
I'm currently running BFG at's 265 70 16 but only need to replace 2 so I think the obvious move is just to keep the same..... unless I find a cheap set on eBay!!
Cheers guys!

Hey guys,
Man this website is gettin addictive!
Scottybobcat wants to take me out 4b ing so gotta make sure my tyres are up to scratch.
Would 265 75 16's work in a stock D22?
Have heard it can make them a bit slow down low?
I'm currently running BFG at's 265 70 16 but only need to replace 2 so I think the obvious move is just to keep the same..... unless I find a cheap set on eBay!!
Cheers guys!

265/75/16's are fine Marcus.I had them on mine stock but you wouldn't want to go any bigger

You certainly feel the reduction of power and you'll notice your fuel use will increase also. But its still driveable and the best choice for the size as you'll have a far larger choice of LT tyres and the extra clearance is handy. Also They look better as they fill out the guards well.

They fit, I am getting a better turbo soon so will do some testing all round and let you know.

I am gonna start a new thread soon.

Dave.

I will have 4 BFG KM2(265/75) for sale, early December if your in Vic ?
They have done 5K, haven't measured the wear yet.

I will have 4 BFG KM2(265/75) for sale, early December if your in Vic ?
They have done 5K, haven't measured the wear yet.

Mate, if they're decent and the price is right then definitely interested. Being pre Christmas funds could be an issue but for sure we should talk.
[email protected] 0414 965 889
Let me know...
Cheers, Marcus

recently installed dick cepek fc-II 265 75 16's and am very pleased. only noticed minimal power loss and increase in fuel consumption on my stock navara
shop around at your second hand tyre dealers. i bought the dick cepek's for $75 each, fitted and ballanced in a 265 75 16 with no less than 80% tread on the most worn down tyre, just the luck of the draw though i guess

Last edited:
recently installed dick cepek fc-II 265 75 16's and am very pleased. only noticed minimal power loss and increase in fuel consumption on my stock navara
shop around at your second hand tyre dealers. i bought the dick cepek's for $75 each, fitted and ballanced in a 265 75 16 with no less than 80% tread on the most worn down tyre, just the luck of the draw though i guess

Question for you mate, what the hells a dick cepek?
Still not convinced I'll go up in size, don't see why iwoyld want to lose more power and fuel economy, think it would shit me.

Hey mate, what state are you in, and whered u get the tyres from? Sounds like a pretty good deal you got. Thought it would be a good way to try them out.
Cheers

You certainly feel the reduction of power and you'll notice your fuel use will increase also. But its still drivable and the best choice for the size as you'll have a far larger choice of LT tyres and the extra clearance is handy. Also They look better as they fill out the guards well.

when you say you lose power and drink more juice when you fit 265/75 instead of 265/70 is it a major loss or not really and how much less will you get to a tank??
i ordered a set of 265/75/16 m/t atz 4 ribs today and hope I'll be happy with them and not wished i went 70 profile instead, i drive 90% road and when do get off road its good to have any extra clearance i can get from tires

you'll be happy, don't worry about the drawbacks the benefits of the 75s out way the extra fuel, and it still drives ok for a heavy ute.

when you say you lose power and drink more juice when you fit 265/75 instead of 265/70 is it a major loss or not really and how much less will you get to a tank??
i ordered a set of 265/75/16 m/t atz 4 ribs today and hope I'll be happy with them and not wished i went 70 profile instead, i drive 90% road and when do get off road its good to have any extra clearance i can get from tires

Hey pete, do you have a lift? I'm gettin mixed reactions from tyre / 4x4 dealers about no lift and 265 75's. Let us know how you go with yours. Cheers

digbyj - check out some of the VNOG rigs at the next gathering - there are a few of us running 75's.

Hey pete, do you have a lift? I'm gettin mixed reactions from tyre / 4x4 dealers about no lift and 265 75's. Let us know how you go with yours. Cheers

na mate no lift yet, i been told by fair few i dont need it and all i have to do is trim the rear side if mud flap (eg: closest to drivers and passengers feet) and we'll be right but when i get tyres i'll let you know if any dramas

i'm also putting exhaust and chip soon so that will make up the loss again, just got to sneak my own money out my own account with out the handbrake seeing my numbers drop lol :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

digbyj - check out some of the VNOG rigs at the next gathering - there are a few of us running 75's.

Yeah no worries ridgie, think just about all of you do.. that has what has got me wanting them! I gotta couple of tyre shop looking out for some secondhandys for me so I can give them a go and see what they're like, i doubt I'll go back, your rig looks mean!

Hey mate im running 265/75/r16 buck shots very happy with them. Havent noticed ne power loses or more fuel consumption on my rig

Latest posts

Back