Rear Diff Gone Already

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grantsy

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has any issues with the rear diff, i have a 2010 d22 with only 3750k's on it and was coming down the hume fwy after a weekend away and suddenly heard a strange noise that didnt go away so put it in the workshop and am now waiting on a new diff assembly. Hoping it's just a one off but has me a bit concerned being only a few months old.

check for water in the diff but i wouldn't be to suprised if there is none. a few guys have had the same problem. the later common rail D22's have a different diff to the earlier ones and more than a few have failed.

:welcome: to the forum.

As Tony mentioned about the water getting in,
or as some have found that non LSD oil in the diff,
but most that have had the problem, its water ingestion/contamination.

There is a thread about it, do a search

:cheers!:
Jim.

Welcome to the forum.There have been a few on here that have had the same problems with the rear diff.Nissan will replace it under warranty as the thai built navs diffs havn't been put together properly.The other thing is that they didn't put lsd oil in them.

Happened to me. Apparently the wrong oil was put into a whole batch of 2009/2010 D22's. They replaced the diff, no issues since. Problem was they had my vehicle for 7 weeks waiting for parts to arrive, but mine was one of the early ones to suffer so they should know what parts they need for yours. Just go see your dealer, should be no issues.

hi. i have a 07' D40 and my rear diff broked after 400000. i still can't understand what happened and the dealer doesn't want to tell what went wrong. i had to wait 3 month's for new parts of the diff.

I even commented on that to the wife.

133,000km per year
11,111km per month
370km every single day
about 5 hours driving per day 7 days a week mixed city/highway

Or

1,556 litres of diesel purchased per month, costing (perhaps) $2,114 each month.

Then maybe it's 2 trips border to border per day, or 60 trips per month ... maybe he's ferrying gypsies from Romania to France?

At least they will travel in style lol. Better than the back of a 1988 hilux in afghanistan

i also have a d22 and at 26000ks the diff went and nissan rebuilt it under warranty, it was the last of the jap built ones so i think the japs were getting lazy and didnt put it together properly and like a few people have said no LSD oil. hope it works out for you.

Anthony

hey guys, i dont know if i should be in this thread but here i go.

Sometimes wen i do a U-Turn, wheels full locked, i hear some clunking noise from the back?
Is it the diffs? its not the front wheels cus i know wat that sounds like lol

Any info would be great.

Simon

from the back or the front?
front could be because its sitting hard on the steering stops. if rear it could be diff.

Latest posts

Back