To swap or not to swap.......

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozpacman

Reaction score
Guys,

I have a 2006 D22 single cab with only 35,000 kms on the clock and in very clean & tidy condition. My drama is that the single bench seat is not practical for wifey, myself and our 4 year old son.

I may have the opportunity to do a deal with a local bloke who has a 2003 STR dual cab and is looking for a single cab. The truck has 117,000 on the clock and on initial inspection, looks to be in a similar clean condition to mine. Both trucks are 3.0 litre diesel 4x4.

Is anyone aware of any problems a 2003 might have had which may have been subsequently sorted in later models?

I guess I'm just a bit wary. I know how good my truck is and would kick myself if I swapped it for something else which turned out to be not as good!

Your thoughts?

Russ

I have a 03 d22 andit is great but mine was v6 so I don't know about the diesels but as far as I am aware they were a pretty good truck in the diesels aswell and it will be jap built.

It would pay to have an RACV check done on it or equivalent or take to a nissan dealer to go over it to see if it has any problems.They will have it on their data base if there have been if it was serviced with them and also try and see who he is insured with and ring the insurance company to see if it has any claims made against it.

117k is nothing for a diesel, and pretty low for an 03. I'd do it if it all checks out ok.

i've an 03 STR 3.0 and its still going awesome after nearly 200k kms. like Jason says 117k kms is nothing. the only problems you'll have is the D40 owners will be green with envy. hehe.

I would do that swap in a heartbeat, 117 is nothing for an 03, I bought my 2003 3.0 nearly 4 years ago with 116 on the clock, up to 185 now and not 1 single problem during that time, oh I had to replace my interior lighting globe ;)

Thanks for your replies fellas. I'm still undecided about going for the '03, although I have driven it and it seems like a nice vehicle. I'm leaning more towards maybe selling mine first and then throwing some extra cash into later model dual cab.

Ah - decisions, decisions!

Cheers,

Russ

Dave that's what I'm thinking. I really like my '06. It's a shame I didn't give the dual cab idea a bit more thought before I bought mine but that's life I guess! The '03 I looked at is probably a very good vehicle but it's the psychological hurdle of 'upgrading' to an older vehicle which is making me baulk.

Scotty, no worries re lift kits etc mate - I'm not really a 4x4 hobbyist. I have mine due to the fact that my acerage block is quite steep and it's amazing how easy it is to get stuck and sit there spinning the wheels of a 4x2!

I'm thinking perhaps a nice clean '06 STR would be just the ticket. Obviously I'd need to throw in a few bob but that's okay.

Russ

Latest posts

Back