Auto door lock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namwens

Reaction score
hi guys,

i've got a 08 d22 str 2.5L and for some reason the doors will auto lock on it sometimes... whether or not it's random i don't know, but it has done it:
a. with me in the car without having opened the door
b. once i've got out of the car (with keys in hand) and shut the door behind me
c. when i've unlocked the car, and not opened any doors

is there a way to turn this off? i got a distressed phone call from my missus saying she'd locked the dog in the car the other day and i don't want to be in that situation again.

cheers.

I have a feeling someone here mentioned a similar odd occurrence ( problem b) about 12 months ago but I'm not sure they found a solution.

Most central locking kits (not sure about Autobahn type kits) re-lock the doors if you unlock them but don't open any door with in a minute or so and it doesn't matter whether you are inside or out as long as you have un-locked the doors initially. That sort of describes problem a and c but it doesn't sound right for b.

I'd imagine if there was a turn off feature it would be embedded in the cpu commands and not something the average mug can get at but it would be interesting to attack the central locking kit and find out what is changeable, just not my central locking kit :big_smile:

Oh yeah and although this doesn't (or atleast shouldn't with a factory kit) apply to you it does appear that any after market actuator added to the system can be opened and closed and the auto lock will still re-lock the doors.

I added a Jaycar actuator to my tailgate to central lock it, the actuator works a treat and does everything it is suppose to however if I only open the tailgate and not any doors the auto re-lock makes all 5 actuators lock the doors after a minute or so.

Yer See your Dealer .............

We have a Kia at work it does that all the time so bad that if I get out to open a gate I make sure the window is down a bit because it almost got me .

Took it to the dealer and he said what do you expect it's a Kia

i had the smae problem and if you dont open the driver door it will auto lock as the central locking doesnt know you have openned any other doors.
i fixed mine, by luck, only by installing door light switches on the other doors and that has also fixed the central locking problem too...

i had the smae problem and if you dont open the driver door it will auto lock as the central locking doesnt know you have openned any other doors.
i fixed mine, by luck, only by installing door light switches on the other doors and that has also fixed the central locking problem too...

ahh sweet, i didn't think of that.

looks like i'll be getting some door switches then. is the wiring there for the other 3 doors or do i splice into the drivers door switch?

no mate, you have to run the wiring aswell, its pretty easy to do, i just pulled out the switch from the drivers door and wired them up from that. i just run the wire under the carpet around the back seat, only took a couple of hours all up..
there is another thread on here that someone gave me the tip about using 3mm electrical connectors that fit perfect onto the back of the switches and make it easy to install..

Latest posts

Back