Headlights on feature

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stxowner

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if anyone has posted this before but today I found neat feature with my STX headlights. When the ignition is in lock position you can flick the light control stalk and the headlights come on and stay on for 30 seconds. You can flick multiple times to get up to 2 minutes of headlight on time. This along with the side lighting from under the mirrors when you exit the vehicle is great when parked in unlit area.
Cheers....Phill

Just checking this thread and thought some guys may be interested in something new I came across on D40's just the other day.
A kit for auto headlights on. Basically it is a module that goes in the steering column (with a Y harness to the switch) and a sensor that goes in the drivers interior pillar trim. Alleged fitting time is 35 minutes from memory so can't be too hard to fit. It is a genuine kit and suits all D40's apparently.
I can get the kits at $140 posted if anyone is keen. Haven't heard of anyone fitting one yet so no reports on how good they are. One for the lazy ass bling guys (hairdressers) I guess. :rock:

In theory it should only need a relay to be powered by the ignition circuit and your headlights will come on with your ignition or if you wanna get really tricky it will be once your engine is running and the handbrake is let off.

Oh yeah forgot to ask
so where is the site for the kit. I am interrested

Last edited:
Just checking this thread and thought some guys may be interested in something new I came across on D40's just the other day.
A kit for auto headlights on. Basically it is a module that goes in the steering column (with a Y harness to the switch) and a sensor that goes in the drivers interior pillar trim. Alleged fitting time is 35 minutes from memory so can't be too hard to fit. It is a genuine kit and suits all D40's apparently.
I can get the kits at $140 posted if anyone is keen. Haven't heard of anyone fitting one yet so no reports on how good they are. One for the lazy ass bling guys (hairdressers) I guess. :rock:

My BF falcon wagon had that ...

it was funny how many people tried to tell me that i left my car lights on as i left my car in a car park ... had to tell the nuff nuff's that they are auto lights, and they'd turn off shortly, then i'd just walk off.

How many features do use guys need ?

Hair dryers, a wax pot etc for your mobile saloons.

Oh and good to see Gary getting in on the jokes.

Dave.

How many features do use guys need ?

Hair dryers, a wax pot etc for your mobile saloons.

Oh and good to see Gary getting in on the jokes.

Dave.

No need for jealousy Dave just because we get a few goodies thrown in, like comfort, I've told you before green doesn't suit you :eviltongue:

Auto headlights have got to be one of the most annoying features of modern cars. Apart from me being smart enough to switch headlights on when its dark outside (something even D22 drivers can do) they are a bloody annoyance in under ground carparks or bush tracks where the sensor can't tell the difference between night and a good cover of cloud or trees.

Krafty, and that is without even going to the extreme of the hideously indecisive ones on my work car (2010 Captiva)

It is not so bad at this time of year as I leave for work and get home again still in decent sunlight, but in the winter when I leave for work I get lights on when I leave, followed some time later by off..on.........off..on..........off..on...........off...on....off.on.off.......on.........off.....on.....off.on.off. After about twenty minutes they make a decision and stay with it. This is not by driving behind trees either, just in whatever light there is in open areas. At the other end of the day you get the reverse with the periods of lights on getting longer and closer together until they finally stay on.

To make it worse....... The dash is a fully lit electro luminescent type, in daylight the dashlights are at full brightness and in the dark when the headlights are on you have to turn them right down or they are blinding. Fine and good, but when the lights go on as it begins to get dark, the dashlights are turned down to suit dark and the result is that when the damn stupid lights cant make up their mind about on or off, the dash alternates between normally lit and not visible as the dash lights jump up and down! AND the lights are auto on every time you start the car, you have to manually deselect auto every time you start it up!

I am now getting rid of it for a lease car (Xtrail as mentioned elsewhere in this thread) but if I kept it I was going to paint out the light sensor to make them come on all the time so at least they would be consistant.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back