Tapping noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrome dome

Reaction score
When i started the nissan this morning it had a tapping noise when i took my foot off the accelereter so i called in at my mechanics on the way to my shop for him to take a look at . He found that its coming from a small vaccum cannister to do with the turbo , When you take the hose of it stops making the noise . He is contacting nissan for me to ask about this problem as he hasnt had a problem with these before ...... Has anyone else had this problem ???

I think the early 2010 STs did this. It's an actuator valve or something like that, there was even a thread about it on here somewhere. Nissan replace it under warranty.

Found one thread relating to this issue. Didn't sound quite the same as yours, but not every vehicle is identical. Click here.

Last edited:
Thanks Tony , A lot of that sounds very similar to mine as well as the surging that i didnt realise is part of the same problem . Mine surged a little yesterday but i didnt take any notice . When the mechanic pulled the hose off the top of the variable control valve the noise stopped so fingers crossed i can get nissan to replace it .

Back