Bolts for d22 canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parlyboy

Reaction score
Hi im trying to put my canopy back on and not sure if i have the right bolts.

Its the bolts that go through canopy and rail (6 i think)

I cant remember how to fit it.

Any help?

You ought to give us some help by giving us atleast the make of canopy, they don't all fit differently but there is enough of them out there that do to make one persons advice wrong and stuff your job up

Sorry, its an ARB canopy, the high roof with the grain. Its an 03 Nav.

THanks for quick reply too. I found some bolts with wierd looking thread and im assuming there is no nuts?

Weird looking thread? I thought all threads were the same.

My old mans ARB fits with "J" bolts, it's a different vehicle but it's of a similar age and I thought most ARB's of that era fitted with atleast 2 "J" bolts at the front then just standard bolts down the side.

I saw j bolts on arb website, but dont recall pulling these type out.

They are bolts about 12 mm long and have diff size thread going down. End of bolt pressed flat(cant remember what they call these type).

That arb instructions isn't really close.

Should be 4 bolts but i've drilled an extra 2 in the middle. Best thing is to go down to clark rubber (or someone similar) and get some thicker rubber with self adhesive already on one side. (abt 30mm wide 6-8 thick) stick it to the underside of the canopy and wipe the bed rails with soapy water. you can easily position the canopy where you want it. takes so slight jiggling.

Also get some larger washers for the underside of the tray rail. (the size of the sports bar or just use those)

Any bolt would do. I'd just get some stainless 8mm with nylocks and that way you'll never have to worry about 'em again!

Oh yeah forgot about the weather/rubber stuff.

With the nylocks - i would have to sit them under rails that bolt to tray.

I might take a few small pics just to show whats going on.

DSCF0957 (Small).JPG

DSCF0958 (Small).JPG

DSCF0959 (Small).JPG

DSCF0960 (Small).JPG

DSCF0961 (Small).JPG

I see your problem. You have the ute liner designed for the sports bar. I swapped that one out for once without the plactic covering the bed rails, but you could easily trim yours.

Also i found those exra peices where the bolts go horizontal aare a waste of time. They just let water in. I left 'em off and just used extra thick tape.

canopy.jpg

So as you can see the spots for the 6 bolts. There is no nuts.

Hey mate,
I've got the same canopy (the rear windowless version!) and mine has 4 small bolts on either side, and yeah they had a nut that goes underneath.
Did you just get the canopy? If so as mentioned above just get a new set, I reckon mine are about 25mm long from memory. They're a bitch to undo and do up, was gonna take mine off when I bought my Nav a coupla months ago, but gave up!
ARB should make a quick release setup, like a clamp or something so you can get them off quicker, or at least locate the bolts so they don't keep slippin out my socket.
If ya need a pic or more advice let us know.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back