Fitting bullbar to D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heata

Reaction score
Ok boys, after shopping around and procrastinating! I have decided to fit my own bullbar this weekend. I checked ebay for a while, but so many were missing parts etc and not all fit the thai build d22. So I went through Nizzbits. :idea:
Anyhow, Ive read the instructions and it seems straightfwd. I've searched the forum and can't see any write up or much info on this job (apologies if ive missed it!)
I've got access to a workshop, and tee'd up a mate (qualified mechanic) to help.
Any tips? Please share, because this is a big project by my automotive standards!
:big_smile:

Just follow instructions. Cant go wrong. I put mine on by myself - about an hour after fiddling about. Heavy too.

Im no mechanic - gardener actually.

Ok so I fitted the genuine bullbar today. Pretty straight fwd. For those who might be wondering if they can tackle the job, go for it! If you can put ikea furniture together, you can do this. For most guys on this site, this would be a simple job, so not worth posting about.:sleep: But by my automotive standards this was a big job:hmmmm:
It comes with instructions, and they are pretty clear, but in short,
1. remove bumper bar, only 4 bolts each side.
2. put bullbar together, this involves indicators/parkers and airflow director
3. Lift into place and attach with 6 bolts (pic 1) you need a mate here, and just do the bolts up finger tight until you get the bullbar square. A bit fiddly and took me a while.
4. fit 'bash plate' about 10 bolts, easy.
5. connect indicators/parkers. The kit comes with looms and extensions and clips, you just clip into the existing wiring. A bit of fidling to find what wire does what, but no issue. the passenger side was a bit of a pain, because I had to remove the washer fluid container to get to the wiring.
6. stand back and admire (pic 2)
I got this one from Nizzbits, Gary was great to deal with and I recommend highly. In all I saved about $600 by doing this, and its an enjoyable job. Took me about 3hrs, (mostly with the wiring and squaring the bar)
Now I've got my confidence up to tackle driving lights and a UHF install, oh and where can I get a flux capacitator....

Attachments

• bolts.JPG
    bolts.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 906
  • bullbar fitted.JPG
    bullbar fitted.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 894
looks terrific mate, feels good to do stuff new. you'll shit the lights and uhf in :D

Looks good mate.

Gary is a top bloke to deal with, nothing is ever a drama for the man.

Dave.

Thanks for the comments fellas, yep its a winch bar. At some point I will add a winch, for now though I rely on a snatch and my hand winch. I reckon a hand winch is a good motivator not to get stuck!
I think my next mods will be UHF, Spottys, and dual batt isolator, and drawers for the back. If these go well I'll tackle the winch install. Something very satisfying about doing it yourself.

Hi,

You would not be able to post up the instructions?

I just bought a Steel Bullbar from eBay and I think I am just wanting to check to see what I am missing (Bash plate I think and a few screws for the Winch mount). Also would be handy to see how they install this as well.

If I had my time again I think I would of bought new like you have done.

Any help on this would be much appricated. :cheers!:

Also mate done a good job and it looks good. ;)

hey boys

when u hooked up the bull bar did u hook up to the air bag stuff or didnt u bother? i want to do it awell but worried if i should hook up to air bag?
cheers

Sammy, there is nothing to hook up re airbag, the bullbar bolts on to the chassis. Its literally a matter of about 6-8 bolts. THe hardest part is working out which wire is the indicator, and getting it level.

Yep, i was happy as a pig in shit when i installed my bullbar by myself. I then followed through with my own snorkel installation. Next on the list for me, install my 3" suspension set up.

Brett

Looks good mate, if you wouldnt mind, how much did the bar cost you?

Ant - Nizzbits bar cost me $1050. Note that the new indicator wires in the bullbar kit Nizzbits send out are a 'trianglar" conector, while the connector from the alloy bar (presuming your 05 D22 has a facotry bar like I had for my 06) is oval = they don't fit.

Easy solution - unscrew the old indicators out of the the alloy bar and use them in the new steelie. I used the new bracket and the new reflectors with the old globe housing. That way you don't need to change the wiring harness at all.

have fun

Im about to have a go at fitting an iron man bullbar this weekend. its all wrapped up in bubble wrap. iI hope it came with every thing I need.

well the new bullbar is on and looks good, had to use a porter power to spread the mounts slightly so they would fit over the chassis but apart from that it was all good.

stix, mine was tight on the chassis too, from memory it was so tight it held its own weight without bolts.

hi there i found a bar on e bay of a d40 do you know weather or not it will fit my d22 i dont even know if mine is thi built its 2009 2.5 common rail

Latest posts

Back