SANOG First Outing - Gathering

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dates for the SANOG Gathering

• 19th December 2010

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16th January 2011

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

will

Reaction score
Calling all SANOG-ers. It's time to put up or shut up.

The location for our inaugural trip will be Saunders Gorge.

initial thoughts are we will meet up somewhere like the colonial function centre (near the toll gate) and drive up to Saunders Gorge Sanctuary.

4WD track Saunders Gorge Sanctuary

We'll need to book a date with the sanctuary and there is a $50 vehicle entry fee. we can do some light offroading taking in the sights. stopping somewhere for a lunch, BBQ etc. Then back to the trail, it's about 3.5hrs from start to finish the trail.

i've picked a few dates, so if you can nominate which suits you and we'll see when the best time is.

1. 12th Deecember 2010 (Sunday)
  2. 19th December 2010 (Sunday)
  3. 16th January 2011 (Sunday)

This list of date is by no means the only dates but it helps to start somewhere.

I'm nominating 12th to get the ball rolling. 3 weeks to get our a$$es into gear.:teeth:

12 Dec for me and will be bringing my partner and my two tin lids.

Can't do 19 Dec - family Xmas function
Can't confirm Jan date as I think I'll be overseas for work.

12th is fine with me how challenging is Saunders gorge?

I've never been there, but it's said to be very easy. should be a good fun drive.

here's a quick glimpse.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52y-bgjOqlk[/YT]

12th is fine with me how challenging is Saunders gorge?

In dry weather it is not challenging. But a challenging track is not what its about first time up. I am just looking forward to putting some faces to names and turning the dash switch to 4WD.

Been here once, most of it is pretty easy going but there is one pretty good decent - 1st low with the back catching up to the front:rock:.

Heading here on Monday for a work 4wd training course so I'll give an update on the track conditions etc

Good to see some interest , had a word to a couple of mates who own patrols and one with a prado and they r keen to come along aswell. I will bring the mrs or a mate in my ute depending on what's happening closer to the date.

Good to see some interest , had a word to a couple of mates who own patrols and one with a prado and they r keen to come along aswell. I will bring the mrs or a mate in my ute depending on what's happening closer to the date.

The more the merrier. Hope everyone has a UHF fitted; could be a little difficult to control everyone otherwise.

I emailed Saunders to see if they can take us on the 12th, as yet i haven't heard back. will keep you all posted on how i get on with that. anyone know if Saunders has group size limits? cant see it being a problem considering we're paying $50 ea.

I may have a friend coming in a Discovery yet to be confirmed. I've 2 x 2watt handheld UHF radios i can loan out if need be.

sounding like it's going to be an awesome trip, looking forward to it!

who's keen to meet up and go in convoy from Adelaide? we can go either through Birdwood or up the freeway. Gus, Which way have you driven?

Hay guys i am out Gawler way but if via Birdwood i can meet you there... have UHF is sitting on second shelf in the shed awaiting install... ha ha..

I recieved a reply this morning from Saunders.

Hi

12th Dec is Ok please note we have to close if fire bans are issued

Please email a contact phone number so we can notify you if bans are issued

Regards Brenton

So i'll send them my number and hopefully we dont get a fire ban.

i'll let you know if i hear anything from them.

Gus, Which way have you driven?

I'll be driving up the freeway; Woodside - Mt Pleasant - Saunders Gorge. Happy to convoy with anyone.

have UHF is sitting on second shelf in the shed awaiting install... ha ha..

Recommend you get you A into G and install it :smile:

I recieved a reply this morning from Saunders.

Hi

12th Dec is Ok please note we have to close if fire bans are issued

Please email a contact phone number so we can notify you if bans are issued

Regards Brenton

So i'll send them my number and hopefully we dont get a fire ban.

i'll let you know if i hear anything from them.

Fingers crossed

yeah same here guys, will take the back way thru birdwood etc as im at salisbury. do we have an ETA for saunders in mind yet? mid morning im guessing....?

Hi guys. I'd be keen to tag along for this one. I'm in Paralowie and will also go through Birdwood.

i've plagerised the directions to Saunders from their website, for those unsure how to get there, and compiled this flyer. yeah i got bored.

Attachments

• Saunders.pdf
    223.3 KB · Views: 83
Back