Coil upgrade ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve99

Reaction score
Fellas,

I've had my D40 King Cab for 6 months now and all is good except for one thing - front suspension.

A few months ago I posted this thread http://www.navara.asia/d40-suspension-steering/4370-suspect-shockies.html because I thought my shockies were buggered and I was keen to hear what others had to say. Well,I had the shockies removed and tested and they were working perfectly.

So now I'm starting to think thats its the coils that cause me so much grief when I'm travelling on rough bumpy roads. Seriously,I've nearly had the steering wheel ripped out of my hand after hitting just a small dip in the road. Driving between Dalby - Chinchilla is a nightmare.

Does anyone else have this problem and how did they fix it ? Whatever it is, I dont think I should be paying for new coils to make my vehicle safe,especially when its only 6 month old.

Any thoughts ?

Last edited:
If your vehicle is exactly as pictured in your garage, I'm a little surprised. The alloy bar shouldn't cause your suspension to sag any. My front suspension was down a bit because of the bullbar and winch. However, it wasn't a bad ride on rough roads - then again, I am a fairly sedate driver and will slow down to a crawl over rough stuff.

I have an extended alloy tray on my dual cab RX Steve and I had the same problem before I went to Tough dog coils and adjustable shocks. I found mine jumped around very dangerously on dirt roads with a few holes when i was carrying no load. Could this be the same thing you are experiencing? It may feel it is coming from the front but it could be a result of the rear putting the front out of whack. When mine did jump around it sort of bucked back to front across the road. Scare myself a few times....

Latest posts

Back