Tachometer problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logic

Reaction score
My tachometer does not work all the other gauges works fine. I purchase a new clock face and tac on that did not work either. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem

Most likely one of the two engine speed sensor wires has broken somewhere, or the sensor itself has broken. First check all the at-risk sections of the wiring in the engine bay, then try swapping the sensor at a wrecker before buying.

Download the D22 service manual. Its in the D22 section.

Should help you out.

Dave.

The speedometer works just fine it's just the rev counter thats not working. Have check the service manual but would like to know where the engine revolution sensor is located and the harness that connects to it.

Your engine has no engine revolution sensor, it has a crankshaft position sensor which notifies the ECU every time a piston is at TDC, the ECU calculates the engine speed from this data, and feeds it to the tachometer. Check out page EL-41 (LHD models with diesel, with EGR) of the Supplement 7 2nd Revision, October 2004 Edition of the D22 Service manual.

Without a functioning crankshaft position sensor the engine wouldn't work well at all, so I'm tempted to think the problem is a faulty ground or similar behind the dash - check for any ECU codes, maybe get Nissan to use a CONSULT-II to check if the ECU is delivering a tachometer signal, and if all checks out, trace the wiring from the ECU to the guage cluster and check for damage, or poor body earths.

yeah that.

also check manual for a test mode. most likely it will be a problem in the dash cluster.

I have run the test mode a number of times and all the gauges responded the way the manual stated. Have to look for the faulty ground do you know where the wires are grounded and what colour.

Latest posts

Back