2006 D40 stereo wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Saint

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new to this site, this being my first post.
I want to change out the factory stereo ( single din ) in my 2006 RX petrol Navara and fit a unit that came out of my previous 4x4. Nothing special, just want to be able to play my MP3 discs. Had a look today, got it all apart no problem but the colour coding on the wiring does not match the Pioneer that is going in. I know what all the wires are on the Pioneer, it's the Navara ones I'm not sure of. I've sussed out the +Battery, the earth, the ign, and the light wires, asuming the remaining wires are all for speakers can any one tell me what colour goes where. I realise I can trace them to the speakers and will do that if I have to but I'm hoping for an easier way out !
Cheers,
The Saint

Welcome to the forums.

Do a search for stereo wiring or wiring in the D40 section specifically, there was a thread a while back (don't remember by who) and the colours of the speaker wires was discussed and referenced from the manual.

Thanks for the replies. Krafty, I did a search but was unable to find exactly what I was after. UncySpam, I have the antenna adapter, kept it when I put the factory unit back into my Patrol before it was sold. As for the other part numbers you quoted, no one around here keeps them in stock, in fact Supercheap had no idea what I was talking about !
I'm south of Perth and as you may be aware W. A. does stand for Wait Awhile !
So I'll have to order the part(s) that I need, and have to be sure that I get it right.
From what I can see on the Aerpro website the APP8PIO plugs into the back of the Pioneer. Does the other end go into the Navara loom ? If so what is the APP0120 for ?
Thanks in advance
The Saint

Try: (search words "speaker wiring")
http://www.navara.asia/new-members-area/3146-new-member-new-d40.html

It starts off about a KC but we eventually got to the the OP ringing Nissan to get the wire colours and we also got to the point of comparing that to the manual. Since the colours Nissan described for the KC were different to the manual maybe you'll have some luck getting the colours in an RX to match the manual.

The job is sorted ! Managed to chase down the harnesses required at our local Alberts HiFi. For the sake of 30 bucks all up it made the job quite simple. I wasn't aware that these things were available and in the past have always cut, joined and soldered.
Thanks fellas for you input, much appreciated, and UncySpam you were spot on with your part numbers.
The Saint

Thanks for the replies. Krafty, I did a search but was unable to find exactly what I was after. UncySpam, I have the antenna adapter, kept it when I put the factory unit back into my Patrol before it was sold. As for the other part numbers you quoted, no one around here keeps them in stock, in fact Supercheap had no idea what I was talking about !
I'm south of Perth and as you may be aware W. A. does stand for Wait Awhile !
So I'll have to order the part(s) that I need, and have to be sure that I get it right.
From what I can see on the Aerpro website the APP8PIO plugs into the back of the Pioneer. Does the other end go into the Navara loom ? If so what is the APP0120 for ?
Thanks in advance
The Saint

Saint

Most auto stores (repco etc) have the adaptors. I bought my last one from Repco Busselton and they had it in stock. Most will order it in if they don't have it.

Latest posts

Back