funny clutch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue boy

Reaction score
o8 diesel with about 45 k on it. I've just noticed when pushing in the clutch at about 2/3 the way to the floor, there's a sticky/friction spot.

any 1 had this?
should i be worried?
hasn't had a hard life mainly black top work.

Also there's a knocking/tapping noise coming from the rear drivers side. yoou can only hear when your decelerating below 40km.
mechanic cant find it and doesn't think it's anything to worry about.
i'm thinking possibly wheel bearing. Any help or thoughts would be great.

And there are no stones stuck in the tyre.

Can't advise on the clutch except to wonder if the pressure plate has a worn spot on the ends. Only way to determine that is to inspect it.

As for the ticking noise, I wonder if you could jack the wheel up and give it a spin. Could be CV joint or wheel bearing.

Krafty should be able to help you on the right clutch for your outfit. Lol.

Seriously what engine you got ?

The noise isn't the exhaust moving around is it ?

Dave.

2.5 td.
not the exhaust its definetly happens on rotation. sounds like a rock stuck in the tyre but there's not.

only things it could be is something to do with the diff or wheel bearing . the tyre doesnt have the ussual wobble like it should for a bearing though.
doesn't change when i apply the brake, so i've ruled the brakes out. f#$cken gremlin in there some where.

i've gotta try and catch it before the warranty is up. cause if it's the diff. i dont think the bank balance will like it.

Does it have disc brake rear.It could be a stone or something stuck behind the backing plate.If it is drum could be a spring or rivet spinning inside the drum.

Almost unbelievably, my '09 STX - with all the bling that Nissan put on the "top of the range" model - has bloody drum brakes on the rear.

I thought it was just one of those things, that the handbrake would still work etc ... until one day I had to reverse down a nearly 35-40degree incline.

Talk about shit myself. The thing does NOT want to stop in reverse down a slope like that.

I don't often do steep descents like that in reverse and if I need to, I can do it very slowly - so upgrading my vehicle to disc rears is not necessarily on the table. I do wish they'd not skimped there, though.

The front brakes do most of the work normally so the rears if upgraded to disk still wouldn't work as good as the fronts.

Dave.

Yeah because usually you're going forward. It's the wheels that get the weight transferred to that do the work. I was reversing down this bloody hill and thought "Christ on a bike I could use some disc brakes back there now!"

scottybobcat. ther shitty drum's on the rear. i'll get the mechanic to drop the cover off em next service and have a look.

old tony. you'd think for a flash looking 50k 4wd nowadays they'd put disc's all round...not friggin nissan..makes ya wonder where else they've skimped.

Latest posts

Back