Toolangi 18th Dec Confirmations please.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Of the next three Sats which would you prefer?

• 27th Nov

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 4th Dec

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 18th dec

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aido

Reaction score
Toolangi Night Run
Meet at Mobil top end of Yarra Glen. Melways 266 k12. South of the corner of Symonds st (Yarra glen to kangaroo ground turn off ) and Melba Hwy. Be ready, fueled, enthused,stocked up for departure by 5:30pm sat 18th. Be earlier if you want to talk and B.S. so that we can get away on time. So arrive ahead of time if you want to kick tyres -----> I will be worried if I see some of you camped in the Mobil car park Fri night!
It will be dark so bring suitable lighting for vehicles, spotting wildlife and fauna, and personal use.
Air down will be 20 mins up the road at the entrance to the Toolangi park on the junction of Spraggs and Range rd for those running late.
Entry to the area via Rocky track will be discussed at the meet point at Yarra Glen. All roads lead to the second meet point anyway.
Heata will be camping with his young uns nearby if anyone else is interested in coming from far afield or just wants somewhere to stop over. PM Heata for details on campsite and timing.
UHF ch 17 will be the designated channel upon arrival so call if your running late or cant find us.
BYO food and beverages that can be had on the run. No BBQ or fine dinning.
My Mobile number is 0408 378 708 if needed

Those looking forward to a good night out are: pm me if I have missed adding you to the list.
Scotty B
08kingcab
Ridgie
Woody
Onlock
Aido
The Ox
Heata
DigByJ
KLR265
D22Dave

Total = 11

Last edited:
18th dec is the date i voted for ... guess i better check with the MRS ... nah ... i wont bring her on such a late date ... she'll be asleep by the time we start.

hey guys
im only an amatuer, will i be able to attend.
by then, i will have my muddies on and a snorkel

Absolutely, You won't need the snorkle, but a good set of driving lights and a UHF will make life easier.

I'm out, unless someone wants a passenger?. My sprained wrist from 4 weeks ago turned out to be a broken Radius bone. No wonder it was hurting so much to ride the motorbike. I Just got back from the Doc's, my arm/wrist is now wrapped in plaster, So no bush bashing for me until after Christmas.

I'm out, unless someone wants a passenger?. My sprained wrist from 4 weeks ago turned out to be a broken Radius bone. No wonder it was hurting so much to ride the motorbike. I Just got back from the Doc's, my arm/wrist is now wrapped in plaster, So no bush bashing for me until after Christmas.

If you can drive to Healesville you can come out with me if you like,that is if you can be seen in a D22

We are all amateurs.
As far as lights go they are not an absolute necessity as it is all slow speed but as Jase says make things a bit easier. A fark off big torch is most beneficial though. Sunset on the 18th will be 20:07 - twighlight to 20:38. So as per last night run through that neighbourhood I look to tackling the tougher stuff (passable in a standard vehicle as was Heata in the last one ) before dark and then tool around after dark
UHF. Handhelds from Dick Smith are more than ample to be able to communicate with other vehicles and have proven more reliable than costly hard wired UHF costing 6 times the amount. I have a spare one I loan to others on a trip and I believe Navarian has a pair as well. So speak up if anyone needs one.

Looks like 18th of Dec is popular but I will leave it open for discussion for another week.
No matter what date meet up at northern Yarra Glen servo at 5? Byo food and beverages.

Sook :devil:

Latest posts

Back