GME TX3420 into a D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete-nav

Reaction score
Hi,

I acquired a GME TX3420 UHF over the weekend, i now have to install it. I was curious as to how others may have installed there's if any one has one. Its got the main box then the remote head piece and then the hand piece.

Thinking of where to mount the small remote head piece?

Cheers, Pete

UHF 477 MHz CB Radios | GME

I'll watch this thread with interest, cause I'm about to do the same. There are bugger all places to install it.

My solution to this is to buy an Outback roof console, ($430.00), easy as pie to install and wack the uhf up there. Of course I have to buy the UHF and console first, but thats the plan, :sarcastic:

Not sure if it was the same model or not but there was a thread 6 months ago showing the install of a remote head UHF in a D22. I think the put the unit under the seat and the remote head under the dash or something, try searching through the D22 section.

A tip for installing electrics. Get them high as possible! I.e under the dash. Cause I the Horrible should happen like drowning your Nav. At least you can still call for help.

CHris

Mine is installed under my stereo.

There are pics in a "show us you interior" thread.

Dave.

Under the stereo is logical. However the 2010 D22 have a 6 stacker which takes up the whole area, I think you call it a double DIN?

I wanted to keep the pocket above my radio free for things like my wallet and sunnies.

I ended up putting the remote unit under the ash trays on the dash actually mounted to the gear stick shroud, can see it easily there and control it, no matter what gear im in, Plus i can change channel on the mic.

I put the main unit under the dash, up out of harms way.

Will post some pics up once i have a chance, gotta weld a tab to my bullbar yet to mount the antenna Just been too busy at work to get a moment to do it

Last edited:
I ended up putting the remote unit under the ash trays on the dash actually mounted to the gear stick shroud, can see it easily there and control it, no matter what gear im in, Plus i can change channel on the mic.

I put the main unit under the dash, up out of harms way.

Will post some pics up once i have a chance, gotta weld a tab to my bullbar yet to mount the antenna Just been too busy at work to get a moment to do it

Thats exactly what i am interested in doing. i'll be getting the same radio soon. look forward to seeing your photos.

Here are the photos been too busy to change there sizes.

Sorry about quality, taken on a fone that i am still yet to learn how to use.

Attachments

• DSC_0019.jpg
    DSC_0019.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC_00201.jpg
    DSC_00201.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 170
mine is mounted to one of the screws that is just under the hazard light switch, it does cover some of the heater controls but i never use the fresh/recirc mode anyway, fresh sucks all the dust in from outside so if i want it ill open the window. one screw is enough to hold the remote head as it is very light, and the hand piece sits in the leather shift boot out of the way until i need it, as i didnt want to go drilling holes into any of the dash panels.

3420large.jpg

Last edited:
Good spots for the head unit, I have the double din gps/dvd so I decided to got the GME TX3340 UHF because it doesn't have a head unit, everything is on the hand piece.

Back