child/baby seats?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crack

Reaction score
gday guys

well im new here and have bought myself a 2010 st d40 auto dualcab. ive got a bub on the way and cant work out where the anchor points are. ive been told there are none?

nissan seem to think their behind the plastic panel on the back of the cab. if so i cant work out how to pull it off. failing that ive been told i will need to get engineered points put in that involve drilling holes in the cab.

what have you guys done? any help would be great!!

cheers
jack

I believe whoever told you they aren't there has the right answer. I'm fairly sure it's only the ST-X that gets them from the factory and you need to go to a mechanic or the like to get them fitted properly.

Yeah I'm fairly sure the spec sheets have only had one model listed with child restraints for the past few years.

The question has been asked alot on this forum and I seem to remember apart from the "let the fingers do the walking" option there was also something else once mentioned which was quite possibly self fitting, but it was a while ago and I can't remember now.

well thats just crap. why the hell arnt they installed in all cars? to me they should be a requirment.

how do i get that plastic panel off the back of the cab?

The same argument has been had on many occasions as well and the best I can offer you is that it's a commercial vehicle and Nissan had to cut costs somewhere and child restraints was just one place. Don't take offense but it's clearly written on all spec sheets (atleast it was when I read them) so it's not like Nissan duped you, they would have installed them pre-delivery if you asked.

I haven't removed the entire panel but as far as I remember it's as simple as removing the plastic screws/plugs that hold the panel on on either side.

no worries will have a look.

im not saying nissan duped me at all, i just never checked to see if they had them just thought it was a standard thing in all cars. i supposed i assumed this as all the models have child locks on the door.

has anyone got a picture of how they have done theirs? the engineers want to drill holes and bolt a plate both sides of the cab and have anchor points off this.

Last edited:
i had the same problem, cost $170 to get 2 fitted, one in the middle and one on drivers side, they could not put one in the passenger side, there is a vent there i think. they put them in the bottom carpet section just below the plastic section, used the original holes just welded some nuts/large washers behind for bracing. they came with an rta engineer report. will geta photo for you.
cheers
geoff

Here's some photo's of the factory ST-X from the passenger side.

22112010590.jpg

22112010591.jpg

Hey Crack, We were in the exact same position as you when we bought our STX. We just took it to the local authorised mechanic in town and I'm pretty sure he did it for around the $30 mark. Piece of cake. I think you just have to find the authorised bloke to do it because I think they might get compensated for that kind of thing to keep it cheap. I'll talk to my wife who took care of it all and let you know.

gday guys

well im new here and have bought myself a 2010 st d40 auto dualcab. ive got a bub on the way and cant work out where the anchor points are. ive been told there are none?

nissan seem to think their behind the plastic panel on the back of the cab. if so i cant work out how to pull it off. failing that ive been told i will need to get engineered points put in that involve drilling holes in the cab.

what have you guys done? any help would be great!!

cheers
jack

I believe that there a holes behind the plastic panel but i was told they are not complient with Austrailan standards, so i would ckeck that out first, as i had to get them fitted to my 2010 st and now have a mod plate.

I bought my king Cab knowing the missus wanted kids, I thought the little seats back there were perfect for little people to sit on. Not so, got told there is no way I can put child seat back there, or on front seat due to the airbag.
Seats don't need to be fit by anyone in particular though, so I might make a bracket up from seatbelt points and play dumb if I get caught

haydos i went to the rta/pit mob and they sent me to someone that does it. i just dont like their idea so im searching for other ways. that will be good if you could let us know.

silvernavara do reckon you could get a pic for me? if so that would be excellent.

cheers fellas

34.2. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
34.2.1. Every vehicle shall provide the facility to attach an ‘Attaching Clip’ to a
‘Child Restraint Anchor Fitting’ for each seating position nominated in
clause 34.3 by either:

i found this on dept of transport wa im assuming this means every vehicle needs a child restraint fitting?

Without seeing the rules those ones relate to I'd suggest it's all about wording. "For each position nominated" to me indicates that if they nominate a seat they need the clip, if there is no nominated seat then no clip needed.

I can't imagine Nissan have just decided to save themselves $50 on each ute by leaving the mounts out and making their utes not comply with ADR. Without the mounts they still have to pass the ADR which means there is room in the regulations for vehicles not to have them and that classification is more than likely something to do with them being commercial vehicles.

D22 are the same, no child restraint points fitted. Had to get them put in.

Latest posts

Back