G day guys

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty

Reaction score
hi all,

Just joined as a member and can i say im glad ive finally found a good navara site. Few questions straight off the bat. Have any of you guys fitted a body lift the the nav, and was it hard to install and did you run into many problems in doing so. Also, what kind of exhaust to fit as in 2inch, 2.5 or 3 and how much improvement do you get, is there a massive increase in power or torque or both. Any opinions would be much appreciated as im looking to do the mods in the near future. Cheers guys

Mattty.

G'day Matty,

Firstly welcome to the site. You will find many guys on here that know what they are talking about when it comes to Navaras.

Depending on what model of Navara you have I have heard that 2.5 or 3 inch fitted to the d22 model has made a fiar bit of difference in both power and torque. The D40 comes out with a 2.5 inch from factory and I am yet to hear of any system that has made gains in both these areas.

Body lift kits I don't know about but stay tuned, there will be someone on here that can answer it for you

What era Navara are we talking?

If you've got a D22, then you'll find a fair bit of exhaust information already on the forums, it's a popular mod.

You won't get any massive increases from a different exhaust for any car, however if it's a turbo then with the appropriate exhaust you'll come on boost earlier and that makes your truck a bit more flexible.

Hey guys,

firstly thanks for the fast replys, ive got an 03 d22 turbo diesel. So fitting an exhaust will increase power and torque but mainly that comes from the turbo spooling more freely ?. also whats the most common size fitted to this navara. Thanks

Matty

Hey guys,

firstly thanks for the fast replys, ive got an 03 d22 turbo diesel. So fitting an exhaust will increase power and torque but mainly that comes from the turbo spooling more freely ?. also whats the most common size fitted to this navara. Thanks

Matty

Almost.

There will be a small increase in peak torque and hence peak power (power is torque multiplied by rotational speed) that will depend largely on how much of the various systems and restrictions (cats, resonators, mufflers, bends, length, etc) you exclude from your custom exhaust to free up the exhaust path. The biggest improvement you will notice though is the turbo spooling much earlier in the rev range, which will make the car feel more powerful because a greater proportion of the peak torque and power will be accessible early on.

As the proud owner of a D22, you'll find relevant info here and more can be found by using the forum search.

Dunno about the statistics, I'm sure others will disagree but I think 3" would be largely pointless on your motor and would stick with the 2.5".

Hey dave,

So you got a 2.5inch system put on, is that 2.5 all the way or is it a bibber dump pipe going into a 2.5. What kind of money did that set you back. Cos i just got a quote back from Beaudesert exhaust and it was a madrel bend system for $1150. thought that it was steep but not quite sure. Also seen you have the Narva Ultima 225 spotties on your ride, i was looking at the same ones. how do they go, do you get good distance out of them

cheers, matty

I got my exhaust for $1050 at Lifford in Thornton NSW (25km's west of Newcastle). 2.5 inch straight from the turbo to the tail pipe.

The Narva's are good. Most of my driving is night driving and some areas are prone for kangeroo's, the lights have saved me from hitting many a roo.

They show you about 600m or more in front of you. I could have got lightforce 240's abit cheaper but I think the Narva's are better.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back