2010 d40 2.5 td 140 kw

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haf

Reaction score
I'm just interested to hear from anyone who as recently purchased the new ST-X with the 140 kw 2.5 TD engine. Does the engine perform to your expectations? How is the fuel economy and have there been any of the old dreaded Nissan clutch issues?

If you could also advise on how long you have owned your truck for and the current odometer reading.

Cheers,

:thank_you2:

Haf.

Hi Haf,
I have had mine now for about 4 weeks, and so far I'm extremely happy with the engine. It is noticeably more torquey than the old engine - mainly noticeable because the torque is there slightly lower in the range.

No idea on clutch issues yet - I've only got 1000ks on mine

Fuel economy is just under 10l/100 at the moment - all city k's so far. Would expect that this will be more like 8.5 on the highway. Thats with ATZ's on it (but no bullbar yet *grr nissan procurement!*)

Last edited:
Had mine since 16th Oct very happy with it so far... Averaging 9.7L/100 now with mostly city driving... No clutch issues but have only clocked 1500kms

Haf

Have had STX for 4 mths, 6000 km - towing a 6m (2430 ATM) caravan and averaging 15.5 L/100 - will easily cruise at 100 km/h - without van easily averages 9 L/100 - have the automatic and travelling from Toowoomba to Brisbane will not drop out of 5th up and down the Minden range - so far so good, bnut not impressed with the lack of dust proof to the rear tailgate

ColM

Haf
they have dumped the old clutch and now have a clutch simmlar in size to the clutch in the v6
which is much larger and stronger
hope this helps

I test drove one a few weeks back and the clutch felt pretty good to me. Reasonable weight and a positive bite to it. Hopefully that is the end of smoked clutches in D40's and R51's.

ah ok thanxs, do you think its worth the extra cash over say a ST with chip to bump up the power figures.

ah ok thanxs, do you think its worth the extra cash over say a ST with chip to bump up the power figures.

An exhaust and chip will get you 140kW or more. What's the price difference between the 128kW and 140kW?

Hang on I must have missed something... Does only the Spanish made ST-X have the 140kW engine?

An exhaust and chip will get you 140kW or more. What's the price difference between the 128kW and 140kW?

Hang on I must have missed something... Does only the Spanish made ST-X have the 140kW engine?

You got it. Only the Spanish built with the facelift bumper.

Different head, turbo controller, higher fuel pressure, different injectors, the list goes on.
If you want a auto the 140kw is the way to go as then you get the tip-tronic style auto box rather than the conventional which in my opinion would be a lot better and better fuel economy.

3500 K and all good so far. Am very happy with my new STX. The auto is very smooth and the manual mode is great for when crawling up the freeway. The extra power plus the additional airbags and the foldup rear seats made the STX a better choice for me.

I looked long and hard but ended up with an Xtrail. The 140KW engine does feel significantly stronger though.

The sums did not add up, we still have a heavy tow car (R51 Pathfinder) and an STX was going to cost $10K more than a fully loaded Xtrail diesel manual. I just could not justify it for the convenience of having a ute. Particularly when the extra running costs were factored in.

thanks for the extra info guys.
In a couple of months Im going to be in the market for a dual cab 4x4 for work so im doing alot of internet research between the different brands.
When it comes to look, i prefer the D40 over other models & they do seem to be class leaders in torque output on the diesel models.
I'd like the 198kw V6, but bcos gas injection is a no go its not going to be an option. Kinda a shame bcos my father inlaw is a LPG fitter & it would cost me peanuts to do the conversion.

The ST are currently are selling for 39k drive away so if the only difference (apart from the standard features) was a tune then i wouldnt bother paying the extra $$ for the STX

I bought my 140kw STX in Aug - done 19000ks - average 8.6l/100.

Had a Prado prior to this - Navara handles & brakes better, but Prado didn't have the niggling noises in the dash.

No problems until last Friday. It wouldn't start when I parked it sideways on a slight slope - driver's side uphill. Tank was half full. I rolled it down the slope to even ground & it fired.

I'm just interested to hear from anyone who as recently purchased the new ST-X with the 140 kw 2.5 TD engine. Does the engine perform to your expectations? How is the fuel economy and have there been any of the old dreaded Nissan clutch issues?

If you could also advise on how long you have owned your truck for and the current odometer reading.

Cheers,

:thank_you2:

Haf.

Haf.
I've had my late model 09 ST-X for about 10000km now and I'm very happy with it. No clutch problems although there seems to be a small difference in the clutch feel in first gear compared to all other gears. Is a little tricky while 4WD'in but you get used to it. Also very impressed with the power out of only a 2.5L x 4cyl engine. Economy is around 10L/100km like guys have said, although driving like a nanna you can stretch it further.

I'd definitely recommend to anybody to buy one.
Hope this helps

i have had mine since the end of oct 10 and i am very impressed, i currently just bought a new camper trailer which is just on the 1000kg mark and i gotta say the navara didnt even jolt at it, 6th gear 110kmh and even up hills it didnt struggle. very impressed and now having 12k on it, one thing i have found is the suspension needs attention so i am either going tough dog or the ome sports kit... other than that plenty of room and more than enough power....

Latest posts

Back