3" calmini kit + beudeasert 2-3/4 exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleylipus

Reaction score
hey guys. purchased the 3" calmini lift from the states and also purchased the 2-3/4 inch turbo back system from beaudeasert exhaust, i will be doing a write up about the install (pic heavy) in the coming weeks when i finish up for the year from work so look out for it.

also, any tips or hints from anyone on the install?? the calmini instruction manual wasnt very detailed, i should manage without but if anyone has any more handy hints that would be great.

cheers!

ash.

price breakdown for the lift kit is:

3" lift kit - $989.95 usd

idler arm brace RHD - $47.95 usd

shipping via fed ex international economy - $261.28 ( took 6 working days to arrive, very fast)

total - $1299.18 us dollars
converted to auz dollars = $1346.01
+ 10% tax + 5% duty + $60 prossecing fee = aprox 260

grand total of --- $1606.01 australian dollars delivered - payed via paypal. and credit card or debit card over the phone for the customs fees

here is the link
3" Suspension 4wd

Just wondering if everything is going to fit as in Australia we have right hand drive cars and in the states they have left hand drive cars is it inter changeable????

toughest bit with the exhaust is the bolts off the back of the turbo. Real tight squeeze unless you take the turbo off. Its managable though and woroth the effort.

I paid about $1200 for the same exhaust, delivered to townsville about 1.5 yrs ago

Last edited:
Just wondering if everything is going to fit as in Australia we have right hand drive cars and in the states they have left hand drive cars is it inter changeable????

yeah mate they have a compatable kit made up for the aussie navs. just make sure you let them know.

think its in the dump pipe. havent inspected it yet. just dumped in in the garage ready for chrissy holiday install.

:confused:
I got a quote over the phone for a beaudesert system that ran to near $3k. Cant remember the price exactly but I thanked them for their time and left it that knowing I wasn't going to spend that much on my asthmatic donkey.
What does $1200 get you?

Gday when u take the top control arms off mark were u took the bolts out u so u no were to put then back so the carster and camber and all the angles are good but u should still get a wheel alinement when ur done. i put the snake 3" in my d22 and did the same thing wofked a treat.

are the beuadesert ones just mild steel? just wodnering as i got quoted 1000 for 3inch mendrel bent system with a staight through muffler and larger dump pipe? orjust under 2k for stainlesS?

hey mate,
i just put the 3'' calmini kit in mine. i ran into a few problems, not with the kit but with the car as its a 2004 model and has been underwater a few times.
problems
1) torsion bar sadle on the left side was ceased on to the torsion bar (i ended up using an angle grinder to cut it off, and just ordered a new one from nissan)

2) the right hand side camber bolts (the ones in the top of the upper control arms) where ceased in aswell so had to cut the ends of the bolts off and ordered new ones from nissan.

3) clamini left 2 of bushings for the rear shackles out of the kit so i got some machined up.

4) with the 2'' lift block in the rear the hand brake cable rubs on the leaf (because the frontier diffs are different to the Navara's) to fix that im goin to take out the block and put a 2 inch lifted spring and leave the 1 inch extender shackle in the rear.

apart from that the car drives alot smoother and sits a fair bit higher, make so u get a wheel alignment afterwards to.

beudeasert kit is a 2 and 3/4 inch aluminised mild steel kit so it has some rust prevention. it includes dump pipe high flow cat and high flow muffler. dunno how it would cost $3000? maybe it was for the stainless kit??? there are cheaper kits out there but i heard good things about the beaudeasert kit and ive also heard that ther is a greater power increase with the 2-3/4 inch than the 3 inch but i have nothing to back me up.

I got a pic of the 2.75" dump pipe old v new in my garage. The kit had good instructions. Has about 4 sections to bolt together. Includes all bolts and flanges. I used the old tail connector that holds the end of the tail pipe to the floor of the tray, but from memory I think there's one inlcuded in the new kit as well.

I got a pick of the whole system - old v new at home. Will post up tonight

note kinda depends on the engine as well as the pipes, so it'll never sound like Scottybobcats does. Sounds good at 1250-1500RPM. Turbo whistle thru it is nice. Not soo loud as to attrack interest, but its definately different to standard.

The end pipe does run cloes to the rear shakle. Dump pipe is tight to get on. Pic of the old vs new.

Attachments

• new dump off turbo back.jpg
    new dump off turbo back.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 132
  • end pipe is close to shakle.jpg
    end pipe is close to shakle.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 125
  • old vs new.jpg
    old vs new.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 144
note kinda depends on the engine as well as the pipes, so it'll never sound like Scottybobcats does. Sounds good at 1250-1500RPM. Turbo whistle thru it is nice. Not soo loud as to attrack interest, but its definately different to standard.

The end pipe does run cloes to the rear shakle. Dump pipe is tight to get on. Pic of the old vs new.

no rear muffler?

Latest posts

Back