Need help please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouse

Reaction score
HI

I have a 2 inch suspension lift and had the 10 t0 15 mm clearance from top bump stops that lots of people tell me I need.
so here is the problem,after I put tools and camping gear in the tub I checked the bump stops and find that I only have 5 to 10 mm.
any info or advice from you guys would be greatly appriciated
Scouse

Obviously the more weight you put in your tub the heavier it is going to be and you will loose your clearance at the rear.Imagine what it would be like without the suspension lift.
Did you change your shockers.

You may need to go heavier leaf springs?? Or there is a product on the net which i think are called spring assists, or something like that anyway. I think Ironman make them?

The other option is airbags. I the arse end of the car sagging?

You may need to go heavier leaf springs?? Or there is a product on the net which i think are called spring assists, or something like that anyway. I think Ironman make them?

The other option is airbags. I the arse end of the car sagging?

They're called "Ironman Load Plus" helper springs. I have them in mine now, and they're bloody noisy!

However, we haven't towed anything yet (that's happening this weekend) so hold on until we've done that. At minimum setting, the back of our Navara rose 20mm. To increase the setting I use a pair of spanners and wind the nuts on tighter. Nice and simple!

I have Lovell springs and have only had 300kg in the back and they didn't drop that much under the weight.

Dave.

I think scouse was trying to say he wound the front torsion bars up so he had 10mm clearance on the upper bumpstop (tub empty) but then when he loaded up the tray the front end rose, giving him more lift in the front and only 5mm clearance.

May I suggest trying to load most of the heavier items directly over the rear axle (forard in the tub) not at the very rear near the tailgate.

Also remember when passengers get in the front will come down a bit as well, obviously depending of the number and fatness of the passengers.

X2

Tommy has hit the nail on the head. :rock:
Another option is to unwind the torsion bars a turn or two
Cheers

X2

Tommy has hit the nail on the head. :rock:
Another option is to unwind the torsion bars a turn or two
Cheers

X3 I have the same "problem".

During the week, when its loaded up with tools etc I have the torsion bars wound down 2 turns. And when i go wheeling with the boys, and/or an empty tray for extended periods, I just get under and wind them up 2 turns to level the vehicle out.

One thing you do have to watch is that you have the wheel allignment set correctly at the hieght that you run most of the time or you may get irregular wear on the front tyres.

Hope this helps?

Latest posts

Back