"photoshoot" vehicle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eug

Reaction score
Make sure your cars are well polished and waxed, plenty of those "paparazzi" types lurking around.

Photos taken in Clayfield, Brisbane.
Cheers
Eug

Attachments

• untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 122
  • untitled3.JPG
    untitled3.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 113
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 107
Ah righto, the vehicles down here have the cameras on the roof.

I haven't seen one yet, a few mates have told me about them.

Show us a pic of what a hammer does to a speed camera.

Dave.

Ha, I started that email. Photo's were taken up the road from my place.... Good to see the comradery of my fellow Queenslanders sending it around.....

haha good stuff WIR35 it came through my email this morning thought i'd share the love.

I'd like someone to take photos of all the camera cars in Victoria, it would be easier to just get post a link to carsales.com.au and take your pick.

It was reported in yesterdays paper that QLD has 38 mobile camera which is second only to Victoria with 108, and apparently that's not a misprint. Fixed cameras are a slightly closer rate with NSW coming in second at 172 to Victoria's 200.

I reckon Krafty with all the fixed speed/red lighters around the city in Melbourne that it would be well over the 200 mark. If you count each lane by itself and not just a single "Camera" at each point, there are the best part of 30 on the ring road alone. Not that they ever stopped mumbling and admitted publically if they have ever tested out properly and been switched back on after the fiasco a couple of years back. And now the surviving manufacturer (Redflex) now have their own problem with speed cameras that just every now and again give a drastically inaccurate reading and book bycicles for exceeding the speed of light. Wonder if Redflex make the combo speed/red lighters too, the housings are the same.

Gee I must be cynical, I never did quite trust them when all they would say was "Trust us, they are accurate"

The report shows 200 fixed cameras within the state of Victoria, it doesn't say whether that includes camera boxes that may have two in them or if in the case of the Ring Road the location is counted as one not each camera. The reports main focus was to show that Victorian road users have more chance of donating to the Policeman's Christmas ball than other states.

Either way I'm glad so many people are coughing and supporting the flash for cash, in the end it's gotta be costing me less in my taxes each year the more people keep getting fined.

I should put my hand up here and say that I loathe the things. I think that it is just a limp@!%( was of taxing people without having to put up taxes as you can always sell it as "Safety" and shout any dissent down by accusing anyone with a different opinion of being a baby killing menace to society, a time bomb waiting to go off. Wedge politics at it's best.

/rant

I should also say that I have been on the road since july 1989 and have never ever been booked, fined or even hauled up and warned for ANYTHING in that time, so it is not just sour grapes talking. I truly believe that the speed camera has had it's day as an effective road safety measure and that they have not had a truly new road safety idea in a decade or more. And as a pretty passionate person about these sorts of tings it really, really disgusts me, particularly to be marginalised and if I spoke up, probably labelled as a "hoon" There is no insult more likely to end up with my drink in someones face than that one nowadays.

Bluester, 100% with you buddy.

I don't necessarily have a problem with having speed cameras, I do have a massive problem with the misguided belief that they are there to make roads safer, I have a massive problem with the fact that we are told they make roads safer when the road toll indicates to the contrary, and I have a massive problem with the fact that governments are neglecting effective road safety campaigns to take the easy and economical option of just installing speed cameras.

Speed in and of itself DOES NOT cause crashes, if that were the case, then every racing car driver on the planet would be dead, as would anyone who drives on the Autobahn. Speed combined with other factors such as tiredness, talking on the phone, weaving in lanes, not paying attention to the road ahead, etc does cause crashes - however how often do you see patrol cars driving around on highways booking people for inattentiveness or inconsiderate driving maneouvres? Rarely. If they were genuinely serious about it, that's what they would be doing. When you're in a bunch of traffic on the motorway and there is a police vehicle in the mix, everyone drives safer and sticks to the speed limit.

Focusing so much on "speed kills" just makes people so shit scared of being booked for speeding that all they care about is that they're doing the speed limit, and they completely disregard all other road safety factors such as scanning the road ahead, staying in the left lane, paying attention to what's going on around you etc.

Latest posts

Back