Blackwolf turbo tent

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eug

Reaction score
Thinking of buying the canvas Blackwolf Turbo 240 Tents.

Will be mainly the missus and I and we don't take up much space at all.
Mainly short trips (1 week max) and more so for beach (Straddy and Moreton) and the odd caravan park.

I know most on the forum have camper trailers but it's just not doable with a boat on the back.

Just wondering if anyone has used one of these and how do they rate it in the elements? Wind? Rain? Cold? Heat?
Are any of the accessories worthwhile (Super Fly and Screen room in particular).
Any alternatives?

Cheers in advance
Eug

Eug

The Minister of Finance has spent a vast amount of time investigating tents and she decided that the Black Wolf's new competitor - the Jet Tent is a better buy.

The Jet Tent is new to market and sold by Oz Tent. The two major reasons for choosing a Jet Tent over the Black Wolf are:

1. The Jet Tent window design allows more air in
  2. The Black Wolf DOES NOT fit in the tub of a D40. You need a roof rack to carry it. While I have a roof rack, for overnighters it is much easier to throw the Jet Tent in the tub.
Other than they are very similar in design.

Cheers for the prompt reply Bosshog, a quick look on the specs show that it can fit in my D40 but without actually trying it looks to be snug. What size/model were you looking at in particular?

Just had a quick look at the Jet Tent video, certainly very impressive. Unfortunately it's around twice the price of the Black Wolf in the respective size. Certainly warrants a further look, thanks!

Hmm, interesting. About 10 years ago we purchased a Great Outdoors Fossick34 10x10, which has been rather good. Basically the same design, with two external poles but no fly or add add on panels. Probably heavier weight and it does fit into the D22 tub (thanks Krafty for the comment, just checked).

The major problem is that to erect it requires two people with good lifting strength and we no longer have that(need light portable crane), so the CFO has it in her head to buy another more modern tent, easier to erect whilst we research camper trailers. so your posts were interesting.

Any feedback on performance in the wind? Both seemed fairly wobbly to me and extra storm guys are probably the norm.

My only ouch was the price. Add in the three panels and you are looking at an Oztrial Camper 6 ten on a new 6x4' box trailer.

Euq; I suppose when you say boat, you are not talking a tinny. A few home builders and more commercial offerings have tinny racks.

Bosshog: The sizes you were looking at are probably larger than what I'm after but thanks for the feedback nonetheless. We are only looking for a 4 person tent (for two of us) and I think they'll fit into the D40 tub without too many dramas.

terryc: I've yet to find some reviews online about their wind capabilities, the Jet Tent as suggested earlier is guaranteed to be 100% waterproof which is a handy feature.

Not possible to mount on racks or even lift by hand (4.2m with 40HP runabout).

Cheers
Eug

bugger that would have been perfect...

good buy that one. thanks for sharing.
cheers
eug

love mine, black wolf turbo lite fs 270, pretty bloody tall! the cruiser is 2.3m

picture020tb.jpg

Latest posts

Back