National Navara Muster?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
id be interested. but theres no where near enough numbers to make it a decent size.

Great idea. If it is planned well ahead and location is central to where the numbers are I think it should work.

Yep - I'm interested.

Why not make a statewide meet up - such as Ridgie has planned for Vicco's
All states could do a meet up on the same weekend - its hard enough just getting people in the same area to get together let alone trying to get all of those from all over the nation together at once.

We'd love to. I think the admins could give us an approximate geographic breakdown so that we can pick somewhere fairly central.

That's what my attempt last year at Macquarie Woods was all about, ending it on Mount Panorama.

The only ones to show were me, the wife and the little doggy.

I wish you luck organising it. If you do, we'll be there.

Dubbo would be better for SA members as well. Head out through Peterborough up the Barrier Hwy to Broken Hill then through Wilcannia, Cobar, Nyngan and into Dubbo. Should take about 13 hours at 80km/h from Peterborough to Dubbo.

It'd have to be a long weekend - or Easter. There are van parks at Dubbo and there's a reserve that might be worth exploring - Terramungamine Reserve, 10km north of Dubbo. I can do some research on the place if people are interested. Actually I'll do it anyway and we can go from there.

The terrain is dead flat. The reserve looks like it's beside a river (can't see any boat launching area, but might get an inflatable in there). Plenty of open space. Apparently has toilets, fireplaces, cellphone reception and dogs are allowed. It doesn't say it has water. Sealed road to the entrance, then it's dirt/grass.

It's large enough for big rigs and you'd get quite a few in there. Might be something the wife and I will go see and take photos of so we can post 'em up if people are interested.

When you heading out that way Tony ?

Ill probably head out to my mates place in a month or 2 which isn't far from there.

Dave.

Don't know yet, we're passing through Dubbo at Christmas but we'll be on a tight clock, so we probably won't check it then, I'll talk to the wife about it. We might make a weekend of it up that way.

That's providing people are actually interested in that as a rough location for the muster.

Tony

Dubbo is a good choice (used to live there a long time ago). Would you like to assist me in scoping the viability of running a national muster?

Gus

I'll keep an eye on this get together and if date/location is ok for me I'll see ya's there.

:cheers!:

Yep - Dubbo seems like a good choice to me. If a date is locked in for the second half of 2011 we can start planning ahead.

Gus - are you thinking of having catering provided and attendees pay an all encompassing entry fee?
I'm sure they will be plenty of great ideas thrown around.
I will be happy to contribute in anyway deemed needed.

Cheers,

Darren.

Last edited:
Yep - Dubbo seems like a good choice to me. If a date is locked in for the second half of 2011 we can start planning ahead.

Gus - are you thinking of having catering provided and attendees pay an all encompassing entry fee?
I'm sure they will be plenty of great ideas thrown around.
I will be happy to contribute in anyway deemed needed.

Cheers,

Darren.

Darren

At this stage I am not discounting any ideas. Initially just wanting an indication of whether its something people would attend.

Yep spring 2011 would be the best time.

Gus

Tony

Dubbo is a good choice (used to live there a long time ago). Would you like to assist me in scoping the viability of running a national muster?

Gus

Sounds good to me, happy to help.

Spring 2011? Okay, that's far enough ahead to plan around. October it's starting to warm up nicely but the car races are on, we'll have to make sure we don't clash with other events that might preclude some people from getting out of their armchair racing seats. The October long weekend doesn't clash, has that extra day in it and seems like a good place to pop a marker for the time being.

The gazetted holiday is Monday 3rd October 2011. This means we'd be getting there on the evening of Friday 30th September. Is that too early in the year? Too late? Looks like the AFL Grand Final might be held on that Saturday, my wife and I will have to go up to the location and see what the TV reception is like. I'm a bit confused, another forum mentions the NRL Grand Final on the Sunday before the Bathurst race, which would again clash with our long weekend plans.

It might be better to go the week AFTER Bathurst and everyone just takes a flex day or something to make up for it? Maybe a couple of days of annual leave? I don't know how workable that is for everyone.

Catering? I hadn't thought of that. It's a problematic thing, because we don't know how many people are going to show up. We once organised a get-together and my wife and I bought 20Kg of sausages and heaps of bread rolls and everyone showed up with their own food. We had sausage sangers for a bloody month! I'm a little hesitant to look at catering.

If it were announced as a BYO-everything camp-over then we wouldn't have to worry about that side of things. In my mind, the most I'd want anyone to have to pay for is the stickers that go on the back window or the "rally badge" like we used to get at motorcycle rallies. They'd be cool, not sure where I could organise those but that's a minor detail.

So, I'll take my wife up there for a weekend and get accurate GPS coordinates, lots of photos etc. Won't happen until next year at earliest - we're now seriously into getting ready for the Christmas trip.

I had another thought about the event too. I think we should have some avenue of selling Navara forum stickers/stubby holders on Dylan's behalf (unless he shows up!), and we should also either have some vehicle manuals on hand, or the capacity to make copies while we're there. I'll handle the latter, no problem there, for both D22 and D40 models.

Back