Is it worth replacing the upper control arms

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara09

Reaction score
I have put a 2inch lift kit on my d22 navara and i am wondering if it would be worth sticking some upper control arms on. people say it gives you more flex is this true?

You cannot lift the front of an IFS vehicle 2" without compromising downtravel and thus handling and ride. To do it properly you must replace the control arms but at the risk of eating CV joints as it places them at more of an acute angle.
The best way to gain more clearance from a Navara is to install a solid front end and coil over rear - but that is expensive. $20k plus to have a shop do it and engineered.
Next best is to body lift and add larger rubber but once again you put strain on the drivetrain components.

Im sure they do give you more down travel, not sure exactly how it works. My nav has suffered heaps since winding up the torsion bars, you can see how much the passenger side front wheel leaves the ground in this vid. It is sitting at pretty much ride height up the rutted hill, as soon as the drivers side rear wheel drops into a hole, the front passenger comes up which is not good.

I think the control arms allow you to lower the torsion bars (getting lift from the control arms) which will allow the front wheel to drop giving more traction on rutted hills like this. Please correct if wrong

YouTube - Nissan Navara D22 Mundaring Powerlines

Buy a D40, they have better articulation. If you buy the latest 140kW Spain built you'll have more ground clearance than a D22 could ever have.

Latest posts

Back