mud in airfilter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparra04

Reaction score
hey all
arter a weekedd away i was sniffing around under bonnett and came across a rew issues
when i checked air filter i noticed muddy water marks on INSIDE of filter housing :sad: water crossings were not above hub level
time for a snorkell
when i removed hose from filter to turbo inlet i noticed a fair bit of oily residue that seemed to be coming from pcv inlet
this has me a bit worried as i would have thought the air from turbo/through intercooler should be free of contaminents ?
why introduce dirty pcv air before turbo ?:confused:

Last edited:
At a guess, the water in your filter box has come from spray up into the guard as this is where the intake is. GET THAT SNORKEL!!

I have hydraulicly locked mine once by driving into a boghole too far and the left front wheel dropped into a hole drowning the intake. Luckily I was only at idle and smart enough not to try restarting. We pulled it out and then had to go through the drama of removing all the intake plumbing and the glow plugs trackside so that it could be turned over to pump out the water.... I still count my blessings on that one!! Snorkel went on real soon after that!

The other problem I think could be fixed by installing a catch can.

Last edited:
At a guess, the water in your filter box has come from spray up into the guard as this is where the intake is. GET THAT SNORKEL!!

I have hydraulicly locked mine once by driving into a boghole too far and the left front wheel dropped into a hole drowning the intake. Luckily I was only at idle and smart enough not to try restarting. We pulled it out and then had to go through the drama of removing all the intake plumbing and the glow plugs trackside so that it could be turned over to pump out the water.... I still count my blessings on that one!! Snorkel went on real soon after that!

does a catch can go inline with pcv before turbo ??
thanks

Wot he says.

fit catch can, plenty oif threads on that.

water in the intake is fairly common. not sure if the 2.5's have it but the inner guard has a hole in it just above the tire. very easy for water to splash up through that into the intake. i glued a bit of plastic over the hole. it reduces most of it, still get a bit of moisture in but nothing major.

..when i checked air filter i noticed muddy water marks on INSIDE of filter housing...

Pretty clean considereing. This was mine after a weekend away...

PA300001.jpg

Latest posts

Back