Sunday drive anybody ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally have some time to get away. Who is up for lunch in the scrub somewhere tomorrow. Bunyip, toolangi, suggestions.

I am leaving South eastern burbs around 9 and having lunch with the family at a picnic table somewhere out there....

I am going to the mud drags at Calder Park, they finish about 2-3 I think I would be keen to head out for a bit after that depending on where you are thinking. I am going out for tea but I will check back for updates later.

I finally have some time to get away. Who is up for lunch in the scrub somewhere tomorrow. Bunyip, toolangi, suggestions.

I am leaving South eastern burbs around 9 and having lunch with the family at a picnic table somewhere out there....

How does keppels hut sound?

Map is roof tops big river-rubicon-woods point forest activities map.
Lady talbot drive from Marysville untill you get to keppel hut track.
Was a very easy drive last time i did it with Aido and Jase(08kingcab.)
I will be by myself,missus is working.
Can meet you at Marysville bakery at around 10 am if you like.
I feel like a cruise.

Hmmm,site shows part of lady talbot drive closed.Doesn't say which part.
There are other ways to get there.I'm still keen.
We might end up somewhere else.

Ummmmm,might wait untill you have the new troll and let you go first.:sarcastic:
Bit wet for that track today.

Well it was a good day cruising around in the scrub.We had sun,rain and wind.Most of the driving was 2wd,with a bit of 4wd just before and after keppels hut.We drove through areas that had been affected by the 2009 fires and this years heavy rain.A good crew,nice to meet you all.
The vehicles,D22,Terrano and D40.
PB280301.jpg

After meeting in Marysville we stopped to have a look at Keppel falls,flowing hard after yesterdays rain.
PB270296.jpg

After removing a tree from the road it was on to Keppels hut,where we wanted to have lunch.Of coarse it started to rain as soon as we pulled up so into the hut we went.A bit of map reading as well.
PB280298.jpg

Keppel hut.
PB280300.jpg

From keppel hut we headed along Mcfadyen track,was a bit swampy here and there and a bit of fun.
Bit of a bog hole.Its a vid,so if you like click on it, it will play.

We then headed to Royston river road,which had a road closed sign in front of it.We wanted to head that way and it looked like a few others had so we went ahead.Seemed like a good track,a few small land slides had happened along it,we could see where water had been over the road but so far all was good.Then we came across the reason why it was closed.
Half the road was missing in one spot.
PB280303.jpg

Wouldn't like to fall into that at night.
PB280304.jpg

We managed to get around the slip and headed on to big river road where we aired up and said our goodbyes.
Great day guys,thanks.:cheers!:

Yep a great day was had. I have a few more pics that I'll put up tomorrow night, (dont have the right cords at home! Great to meet you both.

Thanks for sharing folks. The hut looks like an easy place to get for a relaxing camp. The burnt trees sure do make the landscape look eerie with the mist rolling through.

Back