Howdy People

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhaseIV

Reaction score
Hi Guys new Member here, just after some info before i take the plunge

I sold my 02 Patrol GuIII 3lt td a while ago and now i'm thinking of buying a 08 d22 str (grey) i want to get an 08 as it is still built in japan just any info/dealers in melb that are good, i know that nissan dealers are real pricks when it come to get things fixed as i'm also a member of Patrol4x4 forum

i was going to wait till june to get one as i think that would be the best time to buy and hopefully they will throw in extras if i haggle (steel bullbar and tow bar) fingers crossed. I'm in melbourne, western suburbs i've been to werribee nissan and they seem like dicks,

oh yer any thoughts on the yd25 engine my 3lt was in the year range of the gernade (pistol number 4) i was one of the lucky ones i sold it at 160,000k's before any troubles

any feedback would be welcomed

cheers David

ps. sorry for the longish first post, hopefully there will be alot more to come.

Gday,i spoke to a guy the other day who just bought a new vehicle,not a nav,rang around and went to dealers around Melbourne,then started ringing the country dealers.Desperate for business,they gave him a deal that the city dealers wouldn't come close to.Well worth the 3 hour drive home he said.
Welcome to the forums.Cheers.

G'Day David,
I have an 8 week old D22 STR 2.5 ltr 08 build. Got it from Geelong dealership the price was excellent but salesman where ordinary, also got a simular price from the Colac Nissan dealer if I was you I would give them both a call for pricing, for a better deal I'd go in there though. Both where very negotiable on pricing and getting extra's cheap!
Cheers Matt

Hi matt

thanks for the reply i was thinking of going to geelong to buy as i live in altona geelong is always cheaper to buy cars how do you find the navara i have always liked the look of the d22 how does it compair to a 3lt patrol if you know would you trust the geelong dealer to service it (well its under warranty)

if you dont mind what sort of deal did you get (i was going to apply for an abn before i buy it takes a couple of mins over the net if not my dads got one anyway)

I was thinking of going to ferntree gully nissan alot of ppl have had good things to say about them

how do you find the navara str?

cheers
David

heard some things (not good) about the 3.0 in the patrol. additional sensors and stuff like that. 2004 str zd30 powered no issues or complaint. all round happy

Gday mate.

I have driven a YD25CRD powered D22 and I reakon the 3L GU's go better. The YD25 is much much more petrol like then the ZD30.

Bloody good motor, I am happy with my ZD30 but my I do upgrade it will be another D22.

I might also add that the CRD D22 I drove had only had 3000km's on it so needs to loosen up abit before a fair comparison.

You can always chip them which will take it up to D40 power and torque figure's.

Anyway good luck.

Dave.

Hi matt

thanks for the reply i was thinking of going to geelong to buy as i live in altona geelong is always cheaper to buy cars how do you find the navara i have always liked the look of the d22 how does it compair to a 3lt patrol if you know would you trust the geelong dealer to service it (well its under warranty)

if you dont mind what sort of deal did you get (i was going to apply for an abn before i buy it takes a couple of mins over the net if not my dads got one anyway)

I was thinking of going to ferntree gully nissan alot of ppl have had good things to say about them

how do you find the navara str?

cheers
David

G'Day,
Have had a 5000km service through Nissan Geelong, was happy with there job and price.....$98.00 oil, filter & checkup. I purchased the Nav for close to $33,000k with a lot of extras. Steering Mounted Cruise, 2 Child Restraints, H/D Towbar, Steel Bull Bar, Tinted Windows, Roof Racks, Remote Central Locking & Mats. Thought it was a fair deal with ABN.
Matt

Welcome, I have also recently bought a new (2008 plated) D40 from Rex Gorell in Geelong. I chassed all over & they gave me the best deal. I was very happy with the salesman I delt with, he seemed to be willing to make the deal as pleasent as possible, even though I was pushing the whole time. The dealer at Fearntree Gully dropped $2000 on the buy price & then padded the on road price, so I gave him a miss. I have only done 1600k's so can't comment on the service as yet, though I did have an XR6 that was serviced by the same dealer with no problems.
Once again, welcome.
Phil

Back