rb30 into a 91 d21 4wd

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogey

Reaction score
hey guys found another topic one here simialar but still have a few questions.
have a rb30 laying around and was thinking about dropping it in rather than fix all the seals that have leaks.
its a 1991 4wd d21 with a ka24 in it. 2.4l petrol does that sound right?
taken a few measurements and looks like it should bolt straight into the tranny.
have to redo engine mounts and move the radiator foward because its a longer engine.
got a electronic carby so wiring shouldnt be to hard.
is there anything else i should look at before pulling it all out.
was thinking drive shaft lengths and front diff might be a problem for the sump.
any help would be much appreciated.
thanks in advance.
sam

RB30 is quite long. If you can do it by moving the radiator, I'd love to see the pics.

Everything I've read says that RB30 will bolt up to your gearbox.

Where did your RB30 come from? They were used in Patrols, so if you can get a Patrol sump it might fix your sump/driveshaft problems.

If you are removing a fuel injected engine and putting in a carby engine, you will need to reduce the pressure coming from the fuel pump. You can get fuel pressure regulators for carbies that reduce the pressure down to 3psi or so. Fuel pump on the KA24E is run by the ECU. Might have to think about that aspect. Thoughts anyone?

1991 would be a Z24 from memory.

I have seen a D21 with a RB25DET in it on youtube pulling off a good burnout.

That was in Dubai.

Dave.

Of course, it would have the Z24. Forget everything I said about the fuel - you can use the existing fuel system with no problems.

Now I have to check out You tube for that footage. 4WD or 2WD?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNMTrOQQ3qg[/YT]

Not usually into lowriders but this is the tidiest D21 I have ever seen with a SR20DET conversion.

All good Krafty, I would of taken a offence along time ago before now.

Dave.

A Kermit green car is one thing but doing the dash and interior in the same colour is a bit much for my liking I do however like the angled number plate on the rear, seems an odd thing to do but it's something unique

yer done the measurements the radiator and the oil cooler will have to be moved foward and thermo fans put on rather than a normal fan. is it possible to reverse a thermo fan to be on the front of the radiator rather than the back and reverse the polarity so it sucks air not blows?
the engine is out of a vl a mate picked up of an old gran that had had it since brand new and only done 50000kms so hasnt been thrashed.
it looks like it should bolt on with a few drive shaft adjustments.
yer the old ones carby and the rb is fuel injected will that make any difference?
cheers for the help
im sam btw im new on here

In that case you will need to screw around with fuel. Add in a high pressure pump and surge tank. Look fir my thread on my Ka24e conversion. I'll link it later when I have time if you can't find it.

Back