Calling all Audio Buffs- D22 2010

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorms83

Reaction score
Gday everyone,

Im looking to fit out my new 2010 D22 STR and id appreciate anyones knowledge on some ideas. I have little to no idea on watts and power etc, and how to match speakers with amps with subs and so on.

Im gonna keep the original head unit, with the bluetooth and iphone connectivity i am happy to keep it. Also like that no one would look to rip off a standard head deck, well i hope anyway

Just a quick run down on the 2 options im looking at for the speakers:

There is a focal package going for $899 from CAM - Where To Buy - Car Audio, In Car Entertainment, Bluetooth Car Kits and other great specials!,

10' underseat powered sub, the BUS 25. (im sure i saw someone with this sub on the back of their seat)
2-Way Splits (Front)
• 6.5” (165mm) Mid/Woofer
• 60 Watt RMS
Coaxial Speakers (Rear)
• 6.5” (165mm)
• Aluminium Tweeter
• 60 Watt RMS.

Since ive heard that the original Nissan deck wont be able to power the speakers, was gonna look to add an amp to power the front and rear speakers, and put that under the passenger seat. (Wont be doing much offroad/water crossing)

Another problem im having with the above package, is will the rear door speakers fit without being muffled by the rear seat?

If thats the case, and peoples opinion of the BUS 25 is no good, here is another option im looking at:

Ive been looking over the speakers, amps and subs at ryda.com.au. They seem pretty cheap, or cheaper so to speak.

Was looking to get a decent set of splits for the front as thats where most of the music comes from.
Was gonna run those and possibly some high quality 4' in the corner of the rear doors nearest the driver and passenger seats (assuming the 6' dont fit or will be muffled). As with the focal package, these 4 speakers will be powered by an amp.

Then, instead if the under seat sub, was going to look to put 2 x 10' subs behind the back seat in a custom box which will incorporate an amp. no idea on what brand as of yet.

Since i then need to run 2 subs and 4 speakers, do i need a 4 and a 2 channel amp, or 2 x 4 channel amps or one 6 (if its better value)
once again, i have little to no knowledge here so i apologise.

Does anything on the ryda site scream out value for money, or anyone know of any products that they know of on offer there? or another site have better range or prices?

If anyone has the time to match some products with eachother, so that they are adequtely powered id be very much appreciative.

Thanks for reading everyone, sorry for the novel.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:
Dont bother unless you're going to change the head unit.

The navara is very easy to do this on, and fitting a jap headunit like an alpine couldnt be easier.

what are you after? braging rights with mates, Doof Doof, or a loud clear nice sounding stereo?

if it was me (i was a car audio installer for 9 years in a previous life) id be looking at a system like this;

Double din head unit - TV, DVD etc ( Pioneer AVH-P4250DVD)
Front Splits (Pioneer TS-A1702C)
Rear fill - run these off the deck - (PioneerTSG1643R - these are shallow and should fit ok)
Sub in Custom built box - (pioneer TS-SW3001S4)
4 channel amp - Run in tri mode fronts in stereo and rear channel bridged mono for the sub. (pioneer PRS-D4100F)

Pioneer used as an example but you can use the equilivalent in other brands if you prefer. Pioneer is always going to give you what you expect - awesome product great sound & build quality.

In a small cabin like the navara this would be an awesome system, and you could hook up a reversing camera too.

Fusion IPOD head unit
fusion 6.5" front component splits in front doors
Fusion 6.5" 3 ways in back doors
Focal BUS25 behind the back seat
Speakers powered by head unit

I wouldn't bother with an amp for the speakers unless you want to send yourself deaf. I've had systems worth skywards of $8000 in previous cars (what else does a 19yo spend his money on...) and it's a waste of money. This system cost me around $1000 and sounds great.

Attachments

• IMAG0150.jpg
    IMAG0150.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 240
  • IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 244
  • IMAG0153.jpg
    IMAG0153.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 231
  • IMAG0154.jpg
    IMAG0154.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 258
  • IMAG0155.jpg
    IMAG0155.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 269
Fusion IPOD head unit
fusion 6.5" front component splits in front doors
Fusion 6.5" 3 ways in back doors
Focal BUS25 behind the back seat
Speakers powered by head unit

I wouldn't bother with an amp for the speakers unless you want to send yourself deaf. I've had systems worth skywards of $8000 in previous cars (what else does a 19yo spend his money on...) and it's a waste of money. This system cost me around $1000 and sounds great.

How does that sub go? i got a singlecab d22 with all fusion gear need a sub to fit behind seat......hw much did it cost?

Thanks for the replys everyone.

Ive now realised that if im gonna spend 400 bucks on an amp to power speakers, i could put that towards a decent head unit that would act as am amp putting out 50 watts a channel.
So might start off with just spits and head unit, then save for the amp/subs.

Will i found those pioneer splits even cheaper at jbhi online for $198. Thanks for the tip on the product

I can't remember how much it was exactly but about $500-600 or there abouts. For something the size of a laptop computer is goes really, really hard. Doesn't get the gut-wrenching low freq's that a long travel sub would, but gives really clear, punchy bass. Unless you're on of those pinheads that cruises the streets trying to get 15yo girls to look at you, then they are more than adequate. i like my music and i like it crystal clear and with a full sound, and my system does just that, and fairly loud too

Holly shit $550 for a BUS 25???

I custom built a box to fit a full sized 10 inch in my single cab D22... at the same time Alpine R Series 6.5" splits and a Alpine 9887 with a kicker 4 channel amp.

This in a singlecab splits my head open and the rear vision mirror will not stay in place when its cranked.

Be Inventive boys! you dont need to spend $550 for a slim line sub that sounds like shit.

Mine cost me $110 for the sub and I got a box for free which i then routed down and contoured it to the shape of the back of the cab and fit it in.

All Up Ive got bass thats 10X than the BUS 25 and it cost me 20% of the price :D

Hey guys, I gladly admit i know sweet f-all about car sound systems so i was wondering what would be the best front speakers to put in the d22.

I just got my head deck ( Pioneer DEH-9350SD ) and i am unsure what is best to put in the front. 2 way, 3 way, 4 way, splits??????? I want to attempt to install these myself and was under the impression i can get away with using the existing speaker wires. I don't plan on getting any rear speakers or a sub or amp until further down the line when i am back in Perth. I have roughly $130 to spend on front speakers so i am hoping i can get some good ones.

Thanks in advance

Brett

Hey Brett,

If you dont plan on installing an amp or sub using the factory wires should be fine as the headunit will have no more then 50wrms going to each speaker.

As for front splits, id go with 6.5 2 way splits, if you plan on installing an amp later on to power them youd look at spending $200 - $300 for a pair as generally a set for $130 would not perform as well as youd expect them to running from an amp.

drop down to your local WOW sight and sound they are helpful and always have a good deal.

i found that the factory wires were thicker then the wires supplied with the speakers i bought, so i just used the factory wires and it was just easier...

i just hooked up my sound system in my single cab navara.. i got:

pioneer 6.5 inch splits component tweeters for $104
clarion head unit $164
fusion 350watt 2 channel amp $129
pioneer 50mm slim line 8 inch sub $129
and RCA sub wires $29

made my own box for $12 bought 16mm mdf timber, screws and liquid nails from bunnings, and some time to build (hint don't make the box to big cause it won't fit behind the seat, so annoying)

so under $600 bucks and about 4 hours connecting and stuffing around i think i did pretty well I'll post up some pics when i can

Latest posts

Back