ipod jack

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue boy

Reaction score
finally plugged an ipod into the car after 2 years and found that all the sound comes out of the left hand side when the balance is at 0????????? the balance has to be on R5 for it to sound equall.
it plays cd's equally when its at 0...has anybody else had this?????

blue boy said:
finally plugged an ipod into the car after 2 years and found that all the sound comes out of the left hand side when the balance is at 0????????? the balance has to be on R5 for it to sound equall.
it plays cd's equally when its at 0...has anybody else had this?????

I know it sounds stupid but make sure both sides of the connection are 100% in the socket.

If not you only get one speaker.

Also make sure you are using a stereo plug.

For those that don't know a stereo jack will have 2 black bands on it where as a mono one will only have one. These days it's less likely to find single band ones on leads made for such things but it can happen.

If it's a stereo jack I'd suggest the same as Gorms did, check your plugs for being seated right because a stereo plug not pushed in can make contact with one side and not the other and still work.

However a seating issue doesn't sound completely right if you reckon the sound equalises when the balance is shifted so I'd be checking the cabling a bit more thoroughly if reseating it doesn't work and it's a stereo plug. At a stretch it might also be a broken wire in the cable, but either way replacement cables are easy to come by to do a test.

Well I'd suspect it's stereo mine was. If it's seated right then I'd suggest you find another one and try it, if the same thing happens with another one it could be your head unit. You could also try using the cable on something else or even replace the ipod with an MP3 player or something else with a 3.5mm jack headphone output just to eliminate as many possibilities as you can.

If all else fails and you need a new one go and see Nissan and let them tell you it's worth $45 then go to DSE and let them tell you it's worth $30 then go to Jaycar and get one for $5.

Latest posts

Back