G'Day from Adelaide

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STRbutts

Reaction score
Hey all,
New member here. they call me Butts owing to my surname not a pass time!. I have a Silver D22 3.0 TD that I bought new in March 07 it's a Dec 06 build. It's my first fourby. bought it as I wanted something new and practical and cheap to run but not boring. figured a 4x4 might be good for going up the river in etc (do a bit of camping / water skiing) with the family Then got hooked on 4wding after a trip to the Flinders with my Old Man to test the ute and my skills out. Now we're both hooked. Have been to the Flinders about three times now. been across the Simpson desert. done the robe to beach port run. Cape Yorke trip being planned for Sept 2010. I'm pretty new to this forum business but have so far found it great to exchange info with like minded others.

Gday mate.

Know that feeling of getting hooked, my Navara is my first 4wd and got me hooked after years of petrol cars.

Did your old man buy a 4wd aswell ?

Dave.

G'Day Phil, always a long term reader of most forums never posted until recently. trust you're liking the D40 ?

Hi Dave,

lol, yeah Dad was a bit hesitant about getting a 4x4, he was quite happy truckin around in his extra cab Ford Courier 2wd. He has been "what do I need one for now that you've got one" for the last two years. Now the conversation's have changed in the last couple of weeks owing to K Rudd's plans to offer incentives to business owners. Now He's in Mum's ear getting her to give him the green light on a single cab D22 4x4. gotta laugh!
It'll probably come in handy. Dad and I normally go away together. My wife loves the Navara and likes getting on the track with it, I just can't seem to get her to do the couple of nights camping in the bush. As long as we find a powered site and amenities she's ok. I prefer getting away from all that, so does the old man. probably why we've been such good travelling buddies for so many years...

Enjoy the site and the Navara.

Good luck to the oldman to, tell him to keep at her and he will get his way.

Dave.

heya butts welcome mate
where about in adelaide are you as I am north east
see ya round soon
Mayzie

Cheers guys, seems a good bunch of blokes around this place.

mayzie, I'm kinda northeast as well, looking at the little snippet of the back of your bus, I reckon I've seen it round Hampstead road way ??
I noticed the tail lights. If I'm right then ..I'm not far away

Hey Butts. Geez ur lucky u and ur oldman get along well.
mine i have a fight with every tim i talk to him, and havent spkoen to for nearly a year. If we went out bush together im sure 1 of us wouldnt come back lol

Cheers guys, seems a good bunch of blokes around this place.

mayzie, I'm kinda northeast as well, looking at the little snippet of the back of your bus, I reckon I've seen it round Hampstead road way ??
I noticed the tail lights. If I'm right then ..I'm not far away

yeah I am around hampstead a lil as I have a couple of mates down there... i am actually up at hope valley..... is there anything about your rig that is noticeably different?
post up a couple of pics

this is my rig....... my bro has one exactly the same minus the stick ons and lights

221d1238812086-how-do-you-do-04-04-09_1249.jpg

Hey Butts. Geez ur lucky u and ur oldman get along well.
mine i have a fight with every tim i talk to him, and havent spkoen to for nearly a year. If we went out bush together im sure 1 of us wouldnt come back lol

That's no good bloke. Maybe you and you're old man should try not talking when you go away? Dad and I are quite happy with long comfortable silence on the big drives. we have actually had people comment on how strange it is that we don't piss each other off when travelling. 2 weeks in the bush is a good test and we passed. I'm the driver and pit crew, he's the camping gear organiser and Waeco re-stocker. Moral of the story...Beer!

Port Headland eh? you're already out bush !:big_smile:

Mayzie, nothing real stand out about mine just a set of IPF's up front and I had the bracket for a bullbar mounted antenna tig welded onto the facory alloy bar. I'll post up some pics in members rig's tonight..when I'm not at work wasting time. It does have the nicest looking wheel arch flares for a D22 in Adelaide though !

Latest posts

Back