100,000k service - Nissan gggrrrrr

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BENNYSTRUCK

Reaction score
So the ute had its 100,000k service today. $567

Dealer didnt change LSD oil or brake fluid, said that they rotated tyres but didnt. I get home go inside come back out to empty some rubbish and what do i find....oil in my driveway.

Oil was dripping from my Sump plug at a constant rate. Took photos etc then tightened the bolt. (10 turns i might add)

Rang the dealer and told them and their response was a senior mechanic worked on that? Told them im going to contact Head Office and complain. Cant tell how much oil ive lost until the oil settles again. If its to much they will be towing it back to the dealer and sorting it out

Am i going about this the right way? What would you do?

Nearly the same, although I'd tow it to another mechanic, have them do an estimate of the work they think was just done and sign off on it, then hit the ACCC and ask for my money back from Nissan.

Nissan Australia don't give a rats arse so there is no point going to them.
Go back to the dealer and be as nice as you can.....hard when they stuffed it up in the first place...but stand firm and state the facts.
Ask to speak with the dealer principle if you cannot resolve it with the service manager.
Rotating tyres isn't a service item as far as I believe.
I just forked over $836 for a $40k service and before it left the driveway at home I chalked the drain plugs and filters. Happy to see that they were all attended to when it arrived home.

Id be having ago at them about it.

100,000km's should be just a oil change.

40,000km's services are the big ones.

Dave.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Aido
Spot on i called Nissan Aus this morning and they said that they'd contact the Dealer Service Manager and let him know and get him to give me a call etc.

Anyway long story short....called manager he had no idea what was going on....Drove it to the dealer (with little over 5Litres of oil). Boss man had the guys go over it again, replenish oil etc....got $300 back. Needless to say that im not going back there

Ive just moved to Darwin and i normally do the oil and fuel filters myself at home. They replaced oil, fuel and A/C filters. I thought i was getting Brake fluid and LSD oil changed because of the climate here thats why i took it to Nissan etc. Apparently not

I should be back down south by the time the 120,000's due

Anywho its been a stressful day

BEER O'CLOCK

My 100000 service cost me $200 from my usual mechanic. Most of the cost is in the synthetic engine oil he uses.
Both of the mechanics own D40 s so they know what they are looking at and what nuances to be watchful of.

I will never let a Nissan stealership touch my vehicle unless it is a recall matter.

Nissan service??

Just another reason I wont take my car to a Nissan or any other car dealer for servicing.
Got my own reliable mechanic that actually does what he charges you for.

Jeff.

unlucky sounds like u got one of the $120 an hour first year aprentices working on your car thats the only good thing about smaller mechanics you actually know who will be working on your car!

I always do mine own services don,t trust anyone , there is too many short cuts out there
in the old days deals were done on a shake of a hand with trust

Last edited:
Yep Kerrys Nissan in Darwin suck.

Even the panel beater i use in Darwin gets his parts thru the Nissan dealer in Alice Springs - 1500 km away.

I got charged $800 for a 65000km service. Cheaper to figure it out myself i think. I Always thought 100k was the "BIG" thing. Is that only unleaded and not oil burners?

Brett

You're service book will tell what is a major service and what isn't, I wouldn't have thought 65 was anything more than an oil change anyway because under anything other than severe conditions Nissan servicing is 10K intervals.

Even so price is mainly to do with hours spent, Nissan techs charge nearly as much as computer techs (but we are more value for money) so even if it's only inspections and checks of parts you can expect a decent bill from Nissan because it takes time to tick the book and say they checked things.

Oh and for some people $800 wouldn't be considered a major, the D40 major service costs have been quoted from various people to be as high as $1400 I think it was.

Latest posts

Back