Body lift kits...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was thinking about adding a body lift to my 03 d22 and was wondering how many guys have done it and if they could post a bit of info involved in doing so. Because im looking at getting a 50mm kit and ive heard things like gear leavers have to be extended, raising front and rear bars and does the car have to go over the pits afterwards. Any info on this would be great especially from those who have done it themselves and how hard/difficult it was. Cheers fellas, much appreciated

Matty

i think theres only 1 or 2 on here that have done it. Do a search:wink:

i think theres only 1 or 2 on here that have done it. Do a search:wink:

You have done it joshy, so can you fill me in on the details of the install or how much it set you back to have it professionally done, cheers

Matty

Hey Matty.
I sell Bodylift Kits for D22 navara dualcab. $385
Comes with blocks, hi-tensile bolts, bumpstops & instructions .
Not hard to fit just common sense really.
Cheers

Hey Matty.
I sell Bodylift Kits for D22 navara dualcab. $385
Comes with blocks, hi-tensile bolts, bumpstops & instructions .
Not hard to fit just common sense really.
Cheers

G day Zordo,

Not a bad price on the kit mate but how much lift is it and do you encounter many problems as stated in my first post, Cheers

Matty

G day Zordo,

Not a bad price on the kit mate but how much lift is it and do you encounter many problems as stated in my first post, Cheers

Matty

2" lift
On the 3.0ltr deisel the gearlevers are no problems.
Obviously the bars have to be lifted.
Rear bar is easy
front well that depends on what bar you have

Fitted Zordo's Kit Yesturday! ('05 STR)
Alot easier than i thought.
Only tricky bit is the steering shaft.
Zordo, maybe you could include some 50x50x3RHS so we can keep the tailshaft safety loop?
I'll do a full write up in the DIY forum this week.

Fitted Zordo's Kit Yesturday! ('05 STR)
Alot easier than i thought.
Only tricky bit is the steering shaft.
Zordo, maybe you could include some 50x50x3RHS so we can keep the tailshaft safety loop?
I'll do a full write up in the DIY forum this week.

The tailshaft safety loop stay on the car .you just remove the bit where it attaches to the gearbox member .
Just grind the washer off the loop otherwise it will vibrate.
Cheers

The tailshaft safety loop stay on the car .you just remove the bit where it attaches to the gearbox member .
Just grind the washer off the loop otherwise it will vibrate.
Cheers

Got ya. Might just space it down anyways. Seen a few guys in the US do it this way, looks ok.

Is it worth trying to drop the radiator down thus not mod'ing the fan shround? (it suprised me how much the top rad hose bent)

legal in Qld?

It is but you have to apply for it before doing the mod through queensland transport. They then say yes go ahead with it and when its done you take it over the pits so they can check it over. This was the way it was done last time I checked.

I think but not 100% on this but I believe that they will only approve aluminium or steel blocks, high tensile bolts, locknuts. And I think they will just say no when you have airbags. At least they used to, that was some time ago when I checked.

i'm not hardcore offroad and already have 2 inch suspension. i imagine its not really worth me doing it. something to consider. thanks Jon. I am thinking about getting the Lokka for the front though. I guess most people would view the lokka as more valuable to an extra 2 inch bodylift.

if your just touring, light stuff then yes. if you like rock climbing/harder stuff, then the locker is valuable but so are bigger tyres that the body lift lets you fit.

Latest posts

Back