Crazy STR drivers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laith

Reaction score
See what I just found on the net :13:

Thats how fast they go on a private road eh.

Attachments

• 17-09-08_0754.jpg
    17-09-08_0754.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 459
Hehe, gotta be a petrol, I don't think 5th gear is long enough on the diesel to get to that speed, but since it's got a turbo timer I may be wrong. Same timer I have on mine actually.

Its the same timer as mine to Shonky :wink:

I can tell you its definently a ZD30 diesel :13:

The owner of this pic would have to be carefull of owning up to it eh.

Don't discount the D40, Mine (Auto Diesel) has been at the end off the clock also ... When I buy a new car it is almost mandatory to find out it's top speed...

The Nissan GTR (speed limiter removed) and XR8 were scary fast,,, 285 & 265 respectively

I live in Vic where there is a cop on every second corner with a hair dryer or camera pointing down the road, I have to leave the state to find maximum velocity.

I have had my 2006 STR doing 160km/h, I backed off before a cop came out of no where.

That was on worn 265/70/16's, factory tyres.

I reakon she would have done 180km/h, but I need my licence for work.

I have had it doing 140km/h on 32's. It went harder on 31's.

Dave.

It has 285x75x16 tyres. quite a bit bigger than standard.

It has a speedo calibrator on it and the speedo was set via a TomTom GPS unit to be spot on.

180 was not the speed limiter. Just run out of puff.

when my str was new and stock, i had it to 175, would go no more than that.
was fun trying.

my tradies ute style d22 dx got to 150 cept i had the standard and pretty much onroad car sized tires.

any idea of removing a speed limiter? or would it just be pointless?

i dont get it, when i'm in any gear like 1, 2, 3, 4 i have hit red line and it wont let me go over 5K

i havent hit red line at 5K in 5th yet, have to be going pretty fast.

anyone know why this is?

diesels tend to just not be able to rev any more. Redline on a diesel is usualy there max unlike a petrol where they can breach redline

Not many cars will redline in top gear, diesel or petrol.

Its all to do with gearing. Not enough power to overcome the combined limiting factors such wind resistance & vehicle mass.

Well the max revs you do in top gear are usually lower than rest of gears.

They might want you to see the tacho needle at 5000 rpm if you drop back to 2nd gear at 150kph lol

Manufacturers quite often fit guages with optomistic scales.

Bigger wheels will give you more top speed due to the overall change of gearing, hence the origional pic.

i got 147 running 32's and i backed off just she still had a little bit left in it, but not much

Latest posts

Back