Front Drive Shafts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jas4x4

Reaction score
Question??? I have a noise in the front end, I have found that the front drive shafts at the diff have some play, but i'm not sure how much is normal!, can some one give me some advise! i think i need to replace the bearings in the diff or some thing.

Can anyone Help!!

Jas

what sort of noise? is it rotational? by front drive shafts at the diff do you mean the cvs?

it is while turning, hubs in and out. the movement is where the drive shafts go into the diff

Here is where the Movement is have a look at the attached document where the red arrow is i have about 5-10 mm movement. Can anyone tell me if that is normal!!!

Attachments

• diff.jpg
    diff.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 139
now were getting somewhere. if its the outside shaft that has movement in that boot, a little bit is normal, lock the hubs and go into 4x4 and turn full lock left/full lock right, if it clicks cv is either broken or on the way out. If its the solid part where the bolts are and it moves up/down either the bolts are loose or theres something very wrong...

no clicking noise will have to check the bolts. I hope it is just loose. but i don't think so!!!:(
what sort of things would make this loose other than the bolts? Diff bearings???

ah lets see how good my memory is. if its on ur passenger side like in the diagram above. when you take the cv off theres a bolt in the centre of the flange, could be loose but i doubt it as the cv would stop it. then theres the bolts holding the housing of that flange to the diff, could be loose. otherwise its internal in the diff and thats where my memory dries up. can pull mine open if you want me to check it out.
If your just getting a bit of clicking when you play around with the axle shaft i wouldnt be too worried.

jas4x4, how did you get on. I have the exact same noise coming from the front end on full lock. Doesn't matter if hub's are locked or not also in mine. I've had the workshop have a good look and they said not to be worried about it.

Will have to replace the Front CV's and replace a bearing in the diff, this will have to wait till my tax come in, will let you know when I get it fixed. As you said it doesn't affect the car at all, just nasty noise

I Have Fixed the Noise!!!!!!! The noise was the LSD DIFF. Changed the Oil in the diffs and the oil in the Back Diff was so Black

SO if you are having a strange noise when you are are in low speed have a look at the oil in your diff

So it is only about $30 fix and 1 hour to change oil
:big_smile::big_smile:

Latest posts

Back