Fuel economy/ trip guage not working??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowlyf

Reaction score
Disconnected battery the other day, does anyone know why the trip meter isnt displaying now and how to get it back?????:wash_truck::big_smile:

Welcome to the forum.

First I've heard of this - is the rest of the instrument cluster working?

If the rest of it is okay, I'd pop the fuse out, indicated in the picture below, to reset the dash.

763d1261123719-show-temp-your-dash-ambient_sensor_fuse_to_reset_dash.jpg

If the rest of the dash is NOT working, check that fuse!

Thanks Tony ... I thought it would be a fuse, but without going out in the rain to check my car, i wouldnt know which fuse and where ...

glad u have the time to post lovely piccys like that to help guys on the forum ...!!!

And another D40 problem. Lol.

Last D40 I drove had no tail lights at night, so went looking for the fuse panel and after 30 mins found the bloody fuse box in the engine bay on the left side at the rear.

Why 3 fuse panels ffs.

Dave.

As a D22 driver I'm suprised he even realised there was tail lights on the car let alone whether they were working.

Hey fellas,
Tried resetting dash by removing that fuse. It did reset the dash, but the trip meter/fuel economy has not returned. Any other ideas???

Have you tried depressing the little knobs that come out of the dash? Just the right one, not the left (which should adjust the clock). Give it a quick press and it should cycle through the trip meters, hold it in to reset the current trip meter.

Try both?

Failing that I can't think of anything except take it back to the dealer.

Self-Diagnosis Mode of Combination Meter EKS00BSM
SELF-DIAGNOSIS FUNCTION
The following items can be checked during Combination Meter Self-Diagnosis Mode.
 Gauge sweep and present gauge values.
 Illuminates all odometer/trip meters and A/T indicator segments.
 Illuminates all micro controlled lamps/LEDs regardless of switch position.
 Displays estimated present battery voltage.
 Displays seat belt buckle switch LH status.
HOW TO INITIATE COMBINATION METER SELF-DIAGNOSIS MODE
NOTE:
Once entered, Combination Meter Self-Diagnosis Mode will function with the ignition switch in ON or START.
Combination Meter Self-Diagnosis Mode will exit upon turning the ignition switch to OFF or ACC.
To initiate Combination Meter Self-Diagnosis Mode, refer to the following procedure.
1. Turn the ignition switch ON, while pressing the odometer/trip meter switch for 5 - 8 seconds. When the
diagnosis function is activated the odometer/trip meter will display tESt.

Hey Aussie Frontier,
Mate, i tried to enter the combination test mode but i cannot get into it!?
all it does is reset the trip kmz?
have u experienced this??

It can do that if you get the timing wrong. However I dont know if that works on newer model D40. Now if you missing DTE then you must have a newer truck than mine.It could be the CPU in your dash cluster is different to the older D40 .

Sorry i am new to this, could someone tell me if i have a display that would tell me fuel economy?

Vehicle is 07 Nissan Navara D40 STX 6SP Manual

I have a bluetooth OBD adapter, and for my phone (Samsung Galaxy S II running Android) I've grabbed an application called Torque which is not bad. It does draw fuel economy figures from the ECU - I do think I will write to the author because it shows half the figures I'm actually getting - not sure why - maybe one of the options I've chosen in the vehicle profile is causing it to be out.

But to cut a long story short: the info is available if you have a means of accessing it. The Scangauge does have access to this information too, if you want to grab one of those.

Just bumping this coz I disconnected my bat the other day and just realized I've lost my temp n fuel economy meter Also. As well as distance to empty. Any ideas? I have a 2012 d40 Spanish st. Please help

Temp should come back as long as the sensor is in place. Fuel economy meter probably just reset itself and I'd expect it to start showing figures again once a few km have been travelled.

Back