Snorkels..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grantsy

Reaction score
Hi guys, not sure if it's been covered or not?, but i am looking at getting a snorkel put on and was wondering whether to go a nissan one or something like safari ect are they much different in price, performance? Can it affect warranty going after market?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

Snorkel off Ebay $275.00
105mm holesaw off Ebay $35.00
Tube Sikafex $20.00
Fit myself in about 4 hours $00000

After a year the snorkel is still doings it's job and looks fantastic. Can't complain. Saved about $450.00. The snorkel is a Safari copy.

Warranty 'should' not be effected.

Last edited:
The Nissan snorkel is an Airtec unit which isn't bad and nicely follows the 'A' pillar all the way up. The Safari has a head that can be rotated to the rear if you're worried about water getting in. In your D22 (or many Thai D40s), that might be an issue - the Spanish D40's airbox (and the D40 ST) is larger and has a well for water with a one-way valve.

If you get Nissan to fit it, it'll probably leak but if they stuff up, they have to fix it (and I'd really check it thoroughly afterwards).

If you get the unit through ARB, TJM etc, they'll fit it and make sure it's not leaky, which is what you want.

How about this one........:sarcastic:

Attachments

• MADDIELIQUID[1].jpg
    MADDIELIQUID[1].jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 100
The hole saw was obviously too big it doesn't seal properly around the big hole.

The genuine snorkle is made by Airtec and is cheaper than Safari snorkles. Mine was $360 from memory and is excellent quality and the fit is spot on.

Regards
Greg

Which year D22?
Single or dual battery(ies)?
I remember something here about some snorkels having trouble with dual battery installation, but wasn't sure if it was on a factuory dual/recent build, or a after market dual on an older version.

Hey Grantsy,
I've been checkin out prices on eBay and yeah there's 2 main players on there.
There's another one if you search d40 snorkels which are half the price though.
I've spoken to them and they said theyre hoping to have a d22 version on the market early next year which is definitely food for thought. I'm gonna wait for that to come out and then see how it compares to the others as it should be half the price too!
I'm a but worried about fitting it myself but have a few mates that I trust as much as anyone else I guess?!
Cheers

Which year D22?
Single or dual battery(ies)?
I remember something here about some snorkels having trouble with dual battery installation, but wasn't sure if it was on a factuory dual/recent build, or a after market dual on an older version.

Mine has the dual batteries, i'm yet to get any quotes or whether to install myself which i don't think i'll do.

Thanks for the input guys, at this stage i think might go and talk to ARB they arent far away either if i decide to get it fitted there.

I went with the genuine nissan (airtec) snorkel and had it fitted by TJM. The thing i didnt like about the safari is that you need to relocate the side indicator to a lower spot as the snorkel covers where it sits now, so your 2 side indicators will be in different spots. Probably not a big issue, but I wasnt keen on the idea.

Thanks for the input guys, at this stage i think might go and talk to ARB they arent far away either if i decide to get it fitted there.

Spoke to my local Nissan dealer today $340 for the genuine Nissan one, supply only obviously. That's bloody cheap me is thinkin.
He said about 100-150 to fit it.
That's on an 05 d22 by the way.

yeah i got quoted $370 at first then talked nissan down to $340.
but they said about $250 to fit it.. but id fit my snorkel myself. i have all the tools to do the job and i know it will be done right the first time.

Mine was about 325 from lilydale Nissan, the missus got it me for Xmas so
mustve been wearing a short skirt or something! 160 to fit but I did myself!

i heard ebay ones will go brittle faster than safari and airtec in our aussie sun. whateva u do always test it especially if u get nissan to install it...

i went safari...yes u pay bit more but i couldnt risk drowning the motor in the bush and no1 to help

Anyone thinking of putting a snorkel on should consider the YD25 snorkel on the ZD30. You will need a intake part but it free's up the engine bay and simplifies the intake.

Dave.

Genuine snorkel for my nav got it for $320 and installed myself. I saw Wat arb did to my brothers 05 patrol wagon when they did his snorkel and I wasn't trusting anyone with my new nav. Arb didn't seal the snorkel properly so the snorkel was sucking no cool forced air, was sucking it from git engine bay.

Rusty

Latest posts

Back