Nissan Red Tape

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosshog

Reaction score
Interesting day today refer here for the background.

So I had the need to call the Nissan Roadside Assistance number! For those that haven't experience it, it was a pleasant one - truly it was. Full marks to Natalie.

So Natalie arranges for a 'Nissan authorised mechanic' to come and inspect the vehicle (which took 1.5 hrs). During that time and playing around with the damn ute I conclude it was either a dirty terminal, tired battery (but not likely as the meter was telling me it was good) or the starter motor. I had no tools with me so could not undertake any roadside repairs.

So the 'Nissan authorised mechanic' arrives I tell him I think its the starter motor. Within 30 secs he agrees. I told him to get his hammer out and hit the solenoid (I had a '74 torana that I used to have to hit regularly many many years ago). He agrees and the ute starts.

So I ring the stealership and tell 'em the problem.

Me: "...could you please order a starter motor today so that I can save a day without a having vehicle"

Stealership Service Department Customer Service Officer "Nissan own the warranty and therefore they require a 'Nissan authorised mechanic' to verify that it is indeed the starter motor"

Me: "But that has been done by the mechanic Nissan send out to rescue me. It is the starter motor solenoid we proved this by tapping it with hammer"

CSO: "It is Nissan procedure to bring the vehicle in and verify the problem. We then apply to Nissan for the warranty claim and if it is accepted, we can then order the part from Melbourne"

Me: "But it has been verifed"

CSO: "Nissan own the warranty if you are not happy I can give you there toll free number..."

And so the call went on and on and around in circles till I ended it in complete frustration.

So I drove the ute home turned it off, emptied everything out of it and then called Nissan Roadside Assistance who arranged a tow truck. If I had to put up with their needless red tape then I decided they can cough for a tow truck!!

Procedure now will be (confirmed by the CSO):

1. Diagnose the already diagnosed problem sometime on Monday
  2. Lodge diagnosis with Nissan on Monday afternoon
  3. Pray that Nissan accepts the warranty claim - takes 24 hours
  4. Assuming it is accepted order the new solenoid on Tuesday afternoon
  5. Pray that the solenoid is dispatched on Tuesday afternoon as it takes 24 hours to get to Adelaide
  6. Part arrives on Wednesday afternoon
  7. Fit solenoid on Thursday
  8. Pick ute up on Thursday afternoon
Lost time 6 days at best!!

Phew I now feel much better.

buggered starter contacts on an 09 model?

thats a pretty damn short life for them

new car warranty; i loved having it as i knew i was safe if something bad went wrong, but at the same time if it was something so simple and small it still had to be booked into nissan for 'a full inspection and diagnosis'.

hopefully there is no 'delay' cough order fk up cough when getting it from melbourne.

best of luck!

I reckon all the manufactures would be the same.

There all ignorant pricks, down time pisses me off.

Dave.

that reminds me...

74010_1225453133943_1757481730_412974_3814329_n.jpg

mates commo wouldnt start on gas or petrol, ended up towing it a good 120km and it was fixed the next day.

an expensive wire at $370... and it was just loose apparently... and they wouldnt show him where it was or tell him where it was...

thieving fkers!

pretty sh!t response from the CSO and Nissans warranty protocol. for a start, why on earth wouldn't they have one in Adelaide and why wouldn't they order / send it knowing that even if Nissan don't warranty it you'll still need the bloody thing. doesn't make sense to me. they need to work harder at satisfying the customer.

Bad timing too Gus considering our trip plans. i'll be sure and taunt you with the photos on Monday.:devil:

6 days must be the standard warranty response time. I was trapped (literally) in Point Samson in the Pilbara for a week while Nissan sorted out a warranty issue.

If you don't know Point Samson it is 60 kms North of Karratha. Accommodation in the area starts at $230.00 for a little one bedroom donga in a caravan park. Nissan paid the first 2 days to the value of $400.00 (bless em) and i was up for the rest. When i informed them of this they coudln't give a toss. Luckily i was towing a camper and was able to have someone tow it to a Caravan park for me few days later.

For some unknown bloody reason i now live up here. The local dealer still doesn't have a Consult 2 machine but still charges an arm and a leg for servicing. Go figure.

If a warranty issue arises they have to get the Consult machine down from Port Hedland. And if it's being used and needed by them you have to wait. Great system.

I don't think Nissan are any diff to any other manufacture. They go out of their way to be inflexible and obstructive.

Hurry up and bring in Lemon laws Government.

Geez merchant not a bad spot to break down,i worked at cape lambert a couple of years ago,yeah i got a new ford and there just as bad.

I told him to get his hammer out and hit the solenoid (I had a '74 torana that I used to have to hit regularly many many years ago). He agrees and the ute starts.

Thanks. Now I remember why that steel bar was in the bottom of the vehicle bits box in the van. It suffered from the same intermittent problem.

Do you get a replacement vehicle whilst this bullshit goes on?

Otherwise might be worth taking that "hire vehicle whilst vehicle is repaired" option on my NRMA comprehensive.

This is all starting to remind me of my bro's Kia Carnival.

That really is poor form, I understand that a dealer needs to justify any warranty claim to ensure they are not out of pocket if Nissan knock the claim back but it's still sucks.

It took my dealer 4 weeks or something stupid to get authorisation to replace the steering wheel plastic. I'm willing to consider the possibility that my local dealer hadn't ever made such a claim to Nissan (especially since they replaced the whole wheel) and therefore had to make sure that Nissan would accept the warranty but surely whoever these idiots spoke to should have been able to confirm fairly quickly as to whether the claim was legitimate or not.

Unfortunately when it comes to things like this Dave's comment is right all manufacturers are the same.

Latest posts

Back