Brown smoke in D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the brown coal he's been running it on, he's convinced he wants to be more like you D22 drivers so he's trying the same fuel source as your trucks use.

Well, with all the supposed brown smoke my rig was blowing today, I had 4 d22's in my wake. It's 'cause they were stupid enough t follow me on the VNOG trip today. I don't give a s??t about the smoke! Can Someone tell me where the DIT is, so I can get it checked out on monday? It did not seem to affect my performance today! The d40 led the day day with 4 d22's in my wake all day !!!!!! ( I happened to be trip leader LOL )

Its a shame that my D22 has to keep pulling you out of the 6 inch puddles though,by the way that brown smoke smells like shit or maybe it was your breath with all the shit that was coming out of your mouth.lol. I,m glad I brought the toilet paper so you could wipe your chin.lol

Thats a bit harsh Scotty, since you realised that the only way to compete with the D40 was to ditch the retarded engine from the D22 and do a transplant from another manufacturer.

Getting back to topic, I've not heard of brown smoke. Searching for the topic gives mixed results, but generally centres around the following possibilities:

* poor quality fuel
* gunk in the CAT being burnt off
* rust in the exhaust somewhere being blown out
* mice being cooked inside the exhaust

I don't subscribe to the last two at all. Rust wouldn't last long and would only be evident if the vehicle had been stationary for several months beforehand.

I'm going to go with fuel and CAT, maybe a combination of both. There's a possibility of getting dirt or fuel tank rust picked up by the bowser pump at the servo, or they're using a bio blend maybe?

woody, is it possible that a bunyip or even a bobcat got to your car during the night? also have you been using any of the 5H or 1t additives?

I really appreciate you guys being so worried about the brown smoke coming from my car.

i must say that i had not noticed it before the weekend, so i'm wondering what happened on the weekend to cause it.

I have some time up my sleeve so i might take the car down to Berwick nissan and ask them what they know about it ...

I still have not found where the DIT sensor is (i've checked the manuel twice)

heata ... i left the window open the first night - so there is a possibility that a bobcat got at the car ... and i dont use any fuel additives that i KNOW off.

Berwick Nissan dont know about the DIT sensor ... i think their gonna check with Nissan Australia and get back to me ...

Latest posts

Back