Fukced up Dealership

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How long can it take to get 2 rear shocks and a tailgate adjustment kit
4 months for the shocks and 5 for the adjustment kit
Wrong I hear you say surely not but yep thats right
Everytime I go in and they re-order the parts the little wanker Duncan Br at National Capital Motors is cancelling the orders and repeatedly telling the staff not to do anything or order anything for my truck.
I was told this today by a staff member so I immediately rang Nissan Aus and spoke to Lance P who basically told me he didnt give a rats .Nothing unusual for that waste of skin.I asked him to send me an email to show things were happening and he informed me he would not do any thing of that sort as it was all internal. Nat Cap is not Nissan they are only dealers so it is not internal.
I then rang a few other kind souls and am thinking our dear friend Mr Breed is going to be in a world of hurt as it is illegal from Nissan Aus's point of view for any of their dealerships to ignore or ban warranty work on a Vehicle.
The NSW State manager was looking into the matter this afternoon.

Bottom line
Nat Cap Motors is a extremely bad dealership to start with as far as the management goes and they are not to be trusted at ALL.
NISSAN AUSTRALIA STOP YOUR DEALERS TREATING US LIKE SH1T.

I honestly think its time to contact ACA and see if that shakes things up a little .
I just feel sorry for the Dealers like Moss Vale who I bought the truck from as they have been as helpful as possible in all matters.

Last edited:
Yep, if I had my time again I would have used the mechanic I am using now from day one.

Nissan dealer trained mechanics are useless.

The service managers are a bunch of tools aswell.

Dave.

A couple of the dealers i have spoken to/dealt with are useless, however Wynnum Manly Nissan in Brisbane is fantastic. Every time I have dealt with them they have gone above and beyond to ensure I was looked after. Dillon, the dealer manager, is a top bloke...at my next service he even offered to drop off the loan car to me early morning and take my truck in, then drop it back that evening when i get home from work as he lives near me.
Their service manager is into 4WD'ing and knows what he is doing also....and i didnt even buy my truck from them.
Yesterday I enquired about factory snorkels and they told me the fitted price was about $800, but they would do it at fleet price for me....saving a few hundred bucks.
I cant stand dealing with car dealers generally but these guys have been excellent to deal with, very efficient and competent with services and just all round top blokes.
Just my 2 cents worth....altho im glad i havent had to deal with Nissan Aust....yet (fingers crossed)!

I still cant believe the dramas you guys have had my dealer is the greatest, all they have tried to do is help since we brought our Nav. Tommorow it goes in for the 40k service, my wife drops it off takes a loan car home for the night and picks it up Thursday.
Bear in mind they are on the opposite side of Melbourne to me and we love taking it back there still.
for service in Melbourne i cant recommend Ferntree Gully Nissan any higher!!!

When i first got my ute i hated my dealer but he is slowly coming good ive had rattling doors since new n dust entry into engine. Does any one know who to call other then care line?
my dealer cant do much more

i think im going to be talking to this lance guy soon.
as nissan rang me last friday and told me that there not going to cover my front diff under warrenty anymore.
even tho they said they will cover it and changed the front diff under warrenty.
and they reckon i owe them $1270 for the diff and thats warrenty price not retail.
like fark im going to pay them, let's see them chase me for it.
if anyone get's ACA involved let me know cause ill be in on that. stuff these guys

In my experience the "Fucked Up Dealership" award for Victoria goes one who shall remain un-named but is located east of Melbourne.
Last year ago a work colleague wanted to buy a D40 but didn't want the Sports Bar because he was getting an after market canopy and the dealer said they can't remove the bar unless the canopy is purchased as genuine. Same guy was also told that a factory towbar was $1130 fitted.
Earlier this year a local not for profit community group needed to upgrade their fleet and this mob came in over $8k dearer on the same model Patrol as a dealer 30 mins away, yet still claimed they deserved the sale because they help out the local community.
Then when I stupidly decided to give them a chance to save me traveling too far to buy my D40 I asked if I could take one for a test drive and like most dealers at the time they didn't have any on the lot except for the car the salesman was driving home each night. Although the models haven't changed much in a few years apparently taking a 12 month old model for a spin wouldn't have given me the right feel for the car I was buying so the test drive idea was quickly passed over in favour of trying to get me to sign on the dotted line.
That's 3 sales they have lost in the past year that I know of, these guys must be rolling in money if they can afford to pass sales off like that. My advice to all Nissan owners out there is if you are traveling east of Melbourne and need anything Nissan related avoid the area 100-200ks from Melbourne even if you have to push your car out of this region, atleast then you might have a chance of getting a half decent dealer. Oh yeah but don't do it on a Saturday as most of them despite having staff in spare parts can't give you a price on parts after about 10am when the coffee pot has boiled.

talk about spare parts someone in sydney st george area dealership quoted me over the phone 48 dollars for a stud wheel nut compo nearly collapsed as i needed 24 couldnt get the nuts off for wheel balance a week later after servicing the car with them the tyre shop had to use a truck gun stripping the most off them when i went in the parts guy was a different name than the phone told me they cost 18 dollars each i dont know what to think of this mob anymore better buy a car out of warranty and take to your local trusty mechanic:dong:

I took my D40 back to Westpoint Indooroopilly in Brisbane where I bought it to get a crack in the exhaust and squeeky rear leaves fixed. First of all they tried to palm me off and said it's not a warranty issue (the vehicle at that stage was 12 months old with 30,000km). Basically I told the guy what I thought about that, and he eventually gave in and booked it in under warranty. I got the vehicle back, report said they checked the entire exhaust system and tightened up all bolts, all OK, removed and dismantled rear suspension, replaced rubbers, lubed and reassembled all OK. Fucking rubbish, it hasn't improved even the slightest bit. I wouldn't be surprised if my truck didn't even go on a hoist. I have owned several new cars and have never had a satisfactory experience from dealership service departments. It seems to me that they are (from my experience) lazy, useless and will try and get out of anything remotely challenging. They treat punters like idiots, until they realised I knew more about cars than they did at least....

Heres another award for the dealership of the year. I was talking to my mechanic mate who's doing my servicing about organising the 10K service for when I get home and he's been on the phone to the local dealer getting the stuff needed. Most of the work my mate does is big engine stuff but has had enough need to use the local Nissan dealer for car parts that they are on a first name basis and trade prices.

The assistant service manager told him that no special oil was required for the 09 D40 despite it having a DPF and also told him his order was missing spark plugs. After questioning such an idiotic suggestion the ASM admitted his mistake and said he was thinking about the petrol engine. Apparently now we are getting the parts couriered up from Melb from a dealer who understands that while petrol engines do have spark plugs we don't really need them and the need for a DPF on petrol engines isn't very high. Must have been too many pre new year drinks or something, either way it doesn't fill me with confidence.

It's because instead of paying a higher salary to get good, experienced mechanics who know their shit to step up into a management/service roll and give them customer service training, they get the latest Retail shop assistant rejects and pay them minimum wage to work in their service divisions. When you collect your car from the dealership service department, all these drones do is read from the service sheet and hand you the keys. At a good old fashioned mechanic they will tell you all about any work they did, anything that might need doing soon, and actually know what they are talking about because you're talking to the guy who did the work.

I used to have an RA Rodeo and the Service MANAGER did not even think to check under the bonnet when I told them my air con wasn't working, the bloody compressor drive belt was in about forty peices throughout my engine bay. I knew what the problem was before I drove in there but thought it would be interesting to see what kind of bullshit they tried to spin me first to get out of a warranty repair. He sat in the car, turned the AC on and air came out of the vents and he tried to tell me that it was working fine. (with no compressor, ahhh i don't think so buddy)

This isn't a Nissan Dealership screw up but after talking to family last night I found out my old Forrestor (which I traded for the Nav in September) has now turned up back in my home town at the Subaru dealer who at the 37.5K service told me that all 4 tyres were illegal, the engine was suffering due to being over revved, the suspension was sagging and the tinting was illegal.

Before looking at Nav I looked at the 08 Forrestor and the same dealer offered me $12K for the car on a trade in. 6 months on Nissan a few towns away traded the same car in the same condition (although 20K more on the clock) for about $20k put it on their lot for $22K for 2 months and now it's appeared back at the same dealer who reckons it was a shit car and they are trying to sell it for $25K with the same tyres and the illegal tint.

A woman rang me about the car as a part of checking with the previous owner, cause I wasn't home the message was left on the answering machine, I'm waiting for her to get back to me again cause I plan on telling her a few home truths about said dealer and car which might make her reconsider outlaying $25K.

Ok havent been on in a while
My Bad
Long story short Lennocks in Canberra has turned out to be a great dealership.They have tried hard to help me oput with my screwed up paint.
So warranty has run out and i am just awaiting a letter from the NSW Office of Fair Trading Tribunal. Have filed paperwork to take Nissan Aus to the tribunal for a full respray and new tailgate etc.
Lets just say Nissan should have done the right thing in the first place. If the tribunal sees things the way it should be then Nissan wont be happy campers at all.
So sad but hey I hear Lance has gone the way of the dodo and is no longer with Nissan
So sad
But hey everyone has to take out the trash sometime lol

Back