Tray Size

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dion

Reaction score
I brought my Solidworks CD up with me this trip so I'm going to get down to designing a custom aluminium tray for a dual cab so I can send the drawings off to a friend of a friend for a quote.

I want it to be as short as possible whilst still long enough to comfortably carry a pair of trail bikes. I don't have any bikes yet, so for the bike owners, how long?

Thanks guys!

From memory, about the length of the standard tub plus the tail gate down if you want two side by side. I can measure the length of my motorcross bike if you like. it's sitting in the shed broken again so it's been a while since it was taken out for a ride

From memory, about the length of the standard tub plus the tail gate down if you want two side by side. I can measure the length of my motorcross bike if you like. it's sitting in the shed broken again so it's been a while since it was taken out for a ride

Thanks Butts, yeah a measurement would be really helpful, if you could?

My RM 250 goes into a 2075mm internal alloy tray perfectly with the forks compressed slightly, without the forks compressed it has to be on an angle a bit

that'd be about right. I have a CR125 and it is near as dammit to 2075 long through the axle lines. It would be handy to work out the angles of your tie downs too so you can set up some attach points in the right spot. that way you'll clear body work etc and have an even pull angle for two bikes at the same time. good luck with the design.

My RM 250 goes into a 2075mm internal alloy tray perfectly with the forks compressed slightly, without the forks compressed it has to be on an angle a bit

Thanks mate, I'll set mine tentatively at 2200mm internal for a fit with room to move.

that'd be about right. I have a CR125 and it is near as dammit to 2075 long through the axle lines. It would be handy to work out the angles of your tie downs too so you can set up some attach points in the right spot. that way you'll clear body work etc and have an even pull angle for two bikes at the same time. good luck with the design.

Thanks for that, sounds like I have a dimension for it (2200mm).

What cab configuration you got? Mine of 2075 internal on a space cab Rodeo, will let you know whats on the navara when I get it on friday :) 2200 sounds like a funny size, think single cab ones are usually around the 2400 mark. If your custom making it you could always make a quick fit extension for the back wheel?

Doh, it says dual cab in your first post. Not entirely sure but I recon 2200 will be too long for a dual cab, think they are generally about 1800

Doh, it says dual cab in your first post. Not entirely sure but I recon 2200 will be too long for a dual cab, think they are generally about 1800

I have a single cab now but am swapping to the dual - yes, 2200 will be far too long so I'm making a telescoping arm for the carrier but needed an overall length to work with. Thanks for that guys.

Back