1999 D22 Nissan Navara Brake Problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian M

Reaction score
Hi

I have replaced my front brake pads on my Nissan Navara D22 1999 model and every now and then the front calapers lock on. I replaced the front brake pads about a month ago and the brakes have locked up 3 times since, first it was the right hand side then the now it is the left. I replaced the rubber hose on the right hand side thinking that may be the problem and now the left hand side is locking up. It seems that when I bleed the brakes the calapers release. Does any one have any ideas on why this is happening??

Thanks Ian

Hitting the pedal lightly or hitting it hard ?

Mine will lock up in the wet, mine is running Nissan pads.

Dave.

Thats a good point, I rebuilt calipers on my mates piece of shit commodore on the weekend.

After all the work I have done on holdens, Id never buy a Commodore.

Maybe a Rodeo or Colorado.

Dave.

Did you use brake cleaner on the calipers.You need t clean the slides and regrease them.
Make sure you clean around the piston also as it seems that they are getting stuck on.
Rebleed your brakes starting from the left hand rear,right hand rear,left front then right front and adjust your rear brakes aswell

Latest posts

Back