Hard pedal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bones2009

Went wheeling today with a mate and had a drive of his D40, had alot of wheel spin on a hill and found the brake pedal would be hard and useless. is this normal and can it be changed so it does not do it? i assume its to do with the abs system maybe?

Welcome to the forum!

My brakes are neither hard nor soft. They lose some effectiveness after heavy constant use, but that's to be expected for the 2.5T mine weighs.

My ABS operates as expected - when applied too heavily, the brake pedal vibrates in response to the ABS unit. It doesn't make my brake pedal harder - maybe your friend needs to take his Nav in to get the brakes checked?

Check that there isn't a crack or split in the vacuum hose that goes to the brake booster or check that it hasnt come off at the booster or the engine side.The other thing it could have been is brake fade.The discs heat up and the brakes don't work.

a mate of mine and myself both have this problem when doing offroad 4x4 trips
local dealer told me to pull fuse for abs when goin offroad

I have not had a problem with the D40 brakes off road - even when trying to chase down V8 converted D22's ...

a mate of mine and myself both have this problem when doing offroad 4x4 trips
local dealer told me to pull fuse for abs when goin offroad

Have you tried this?
Last year i had trouble with the abs(wheel bearing)With the abs warning light on,4x4 was disabled.

Latest posts

Back