D22 Front Diff Replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwijaz06

Reaction score
Anyone give me any info on how easy or hard it is replace a front diff in a 08 D22 2.5lt Navara

Josh should be able to help you.

Out of interest what diff ratios you running, might wanna go to the R200A.

Dave.

ratio is the standard factory 4.625:1, Have snapped the pinion and nissan are refusing to cover it under New Car Warranty so looks like i got to get an aftermarket one and and do it myself

If your running 4.6 diff gears put a VG33E powered D22 front diff in Same ratio. (R200A)

Heaps stronger.

Dave.

easy as to swap. just put the car on stands on the chassis, unbolt the cvs and tailshaft and then unbolt the xmember and lower the diff down. Then unbolt the diff from the xmember. you can then change the 3rd member(crownwheel and pinion).

Where abouts in QLD are you ?

Some of the QLD guys should be able to help.

The R50 Pathfinder uses the R200A aswell in the same ratio.

However I thought the Jap built YD25 powered D22's ran 4.375 like the ZD30's.

Dave.

Put the R200A in.

Dont reckon you will break that anytime soon. Its the same center as your rear diff.

Dave.

Thanks for the info guys will try the wreckers for a R50 Pathfinder wonder if the diff out of that will be cheaper than one for the Navara

Dont tell them what its for, check that the CV's have the same bolting pattern.

Some R200's have the same bolting pattern as the R180.

Dave.

hey guys can anyone tell me if i put 4.62 gears in the rear diff and an R200A with 4.62 gears in the front will my speedo be correct on 32's, 33's or will it be over reving?

Im running 4.37 gears at the moment and the engine is laging and it's got no low-down torque

hey guys can anyone tell me if i put 4.62 gears in the rear diff and an R200A with 4.62 gears in the front will my speedo be correct on 32's, 33's or will it be over reving?

Im running 4.37 gears at the moment and the engine is laging and it's got no low-down torque

It will rev higher, you would need about 34's for 4.636 to be right.

What engine you running, your avatar looks like a series 1 D22.

Dave.

It will rev higher, you would need about 34's for 4.636 to be right.

What engine you running, your avatar looks like a series 1 D22.

Dave.

Im not sure of the series. Its a ZD30DDT '04' model dx.

Hey guys, I don't want to hijack the thread but is the dif you are talking about (R200) the one from the V6 D22??

I have heard that if you want to fit an front air locker to a ZD30 nav that you need to vit the V6 dif 1st???

Hey guys i recently broke my front diff on the weekend broke the stub axle off in the diff centre just wondering where i could get another centre and stub axle from and possible prices
Its a 2008 d22 2.5 litre And info would be greatly apreciated

Latest posts

Back