Fuel additive

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboyfan

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried "Fuel Doctor' additive in their tanks? A mate of mine tried it in his patrol and said he noticed a fair bit of difference in power and economy. Was just curious if anyone else had tried it.

Not sure about "fuel doctor" but i,ve used "Chemtech" before and have never had a hassle with it, and am currently running "Bi-tron" for the past 5mths and no hassles with that either so far

I have tried 2-stroke oil (JASO FC rated, not the lawn mower stuff). 300ml in a tankful of fuel.

Valvoline's version didn't seem to do much. Castol Activ 2T seemed to quieten the injectors and improve economy by around 0.5LPHK.

I have used the Chemtech Diesel Additive (around 50ml per tank). I am not sure it did a lot, but I've only run 3 tanks with it.

The mechanic that just serviced my car (40K service) put a diesel additive manufactured by Toyota in it. I think the engine's a lot quieter, but haven't got a handle on performance yet. I am not sure I want to run this stuff every tank at $22 a bottle (you use the whole bottle in the tank). When I think of additives, I want something that is going to provide benefit, to the vehicle and to the economy of the vehicle. I don't see this stuff doing that.

It's not really ignorance when it comes to this stuff because there is many claims made by every manufacturer of the stuff, some are proven some aren't. Different reasons quoted are from better economy, to smoother running, to quieter running, to conditioning of your motor and probably many more. Whether any or all of them actually work is as much down to personal ideas and thoughts as it is proof, for every failed idea you'll no doubt find someone who swears it works and vice versa.

I have been using chem-tech diesel additive for 20 years in all my 4by,s , I use it because a mate has a trucking company with 8 or 10 trucks and he swears by it not so much for the so called better fuel econamy or extra power ( which i think is a crock ) but because when i got my first diesel it got an algae problem and cost a shit load to fix and he told me to use the chem-tech stuff to stop from getting the algae infection again and i never have .

Oh someone better ring International Power, the cooling ponds at Hazelwood are always suffering from blue green algae maybe they could douse it with some chem-tech.

Latest posts

Back