Bullbar and winch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayde.wilson

Reaction score
Hi all, ive been looking at purchasing a bullbar and winch for my d22. Im still up in the air about whether to get a brand new one or a second hand. Can anyone give me some tips in buying/finding one. Whats good? whats bad? the more information the better.

I Just bought a secondhand one off ebay and I got it for $600. It was the Factory Steel Bullbar and it looked to be like new except it did have a large scratch on the right side that I was not aware of until I got it. I will paint this to make it look a little better but not to worried as this is what a bull bar is for. :)

I did not have all the bolts and still to source these but it also did not have the Winch mounting and also the gard which goes underneath and this cost me about $100 to get from Nissan.

All in all I think I would buy new next time as after all the running around and getting parts and that it has probably cost me $850 and that is getting close to the cost of a new bar which would of had a lot less hassles.

I feel the ARB bar is stronger then the OEM Bar Nissan have (What ARB make) as it has more re forcing on the end's but the OEM has better bars IMO (Looks better).

For Steel Bull bar I would go: Nissan, ARB or TJM.

For alloy I would only go: ECB.

Hope this helps.

Cheers...

Last edited:
Got mine (factory steel) on ebay for $600 also but came with all the mounts, bolts, guards and lights. check with the seller first before buying and pay cash so you can back out if it is not all there. New would have cost more than twice this so I think it is worth looking for secondhand if you are willing to wait for one to come up for sale in your area.

Cheers

TJM have a bar+winch deal on this month you have to ask for the "4wd Action deal".

Ironman bars are a bit flimsy and not much more benefit than a factory alloy bar that fold like a 2 bit card player when it comes to the crunch

The factory steel winch bars paint is a bit thin to,a mate of mine stripped his back, reprimed and painted, he does heap's of beach running but he said the paint was very thin.

On the topic of Bull Bar and winch how good is the standard suspension for holding up with a Steel Bullbar and Winch?

I know you can wind up the Torsion front end but a mate of mine said his D22 is always needing his Torsion adjusted and this is just with the factory Alloy bar. I am just about to fit my Steel bar and Warn Winch but am wondering how long I can get away using my standard suspension (2008 model D22 with only about 30k on the clock).

Not in the best situation here.

Living and working 1600km's from the big smoke, Have a ARB authorized dealer / only company that installs b/bars up here. BUT...... since BHP Billiton have a decent deposit of iron ore here that they load onto boats, THIS company seems to think $2800 is a decent price for me to pay to get them to install a ARB Delux winch bar w/o winch on my 06 STR.

Is there much cutting of the guard to install the bar or would it be cheaper to offer some mates a carton or two for their help? And what degree of difficulty is it to install?

Thanks in advance

Brett

Last edited:
bbryant85 I sent you a PM

Ah roger, will check that out.

So decided to ring the manager today, turns out they sacked the old duck who quoted me... for being shit I'm guessing! but just to clarify the outrageous price i received.

$1500 for new ARB delux winchbar sent from Perth to Port Hedland, Seeing as i have mine in the garage i asked how much to fit mine and he quoted me $700

My question is, how do you people rate that for the task at hand? Not sure if i should bite the bullet and try fit it myself or just pay them.

Any thoughts?

Brett

Hi brett, check my thread on bullbar install, should be here under d22 accessories. I would say go for it, is was not a hard job, even for a mechanical nuf like me.

Thanks guys, ive done quite a bit of research for prices and that. ARB is a complete rip off even my GF laughed at them when they said close to $2000 installed. Im going to check with nizzbits soon and see what he can do for me. Was bidding on one on ebay a couple of weeks back. Started at $650 or buy it now for $750. Thought id get a bargain and waited the 7 days the auction was running. An hour left no one had bid so i hit $697 before the auction was finished, 27 bids had past and the price went up to $935. Worst thing was that the guy was jacking up the price on a separate account. Should of just bit the bullet and paid the $750 im thinking now.

as a matter of interest, how do you know?

The other person i was bidding against had no previous purchases, plus 30 seconds after i placed my bid he started to bid. I could be wrong but those two points seem to be a bit too much of a co-incedence for me.

Back