getting wires through firewall

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynnie

Reaction score
hey guys been looking at trying to get some wires (spotlights ,uhf radio)through the firewall and just what to know how some of you guys did it .carnt see to many places for that amout of wires any help would be great .

Looking at the car from the front, at the back of the motor on the left hand side there is a grommet. Ive got spotlight and cb wiring going through there. push some wire through it, usually comes into the cab above the drivers brake pedal.

Most of my wire come through above the accelerator, the grommet can be seen from the engine bay on the right side.

Dave.

thanks guys i was thinking about going through grommet where the bonnet pull wire comes through is this the same grommet you are talking about.

thanks guys i was thinking about going through grommet where the bonnet pull wire comes through is this the same grommet you are talking about.

cant remember now but that sounds like the one alright.

there is a grommment looking at the front of the ute at the back right hand courne under the windsrean motor it is bigger then the one on the left side of the motor

D22?

P9112737.jpg

No longer have the accessories fitted to the car so dont worry about there not being a rubber bung fitted

Firewall

Hi Guys
I drilled a 25mm hole through the firewall beside the spedo cable (ish) and then inserted a plastic pipe and secured with a bracket.
Grommets on each end and easy to install more.
I have quite a few going through HF, and 2 CBs, brake controller(remote), dual battery remote controller and a few more.
Still has plenty of room for more.
Fiddly to get at with the drill but well worth while

Mine had a blanking plate near the engine on the left hand side... I unbolted that, and cut a hole for a grommet in it.

I followed the main loom inside the drivers side guard and in through the piller beside the drivers foot.

I followed the main loom inside the drivers side guard and in through the piller beside the drivers foot.

i have done mine the same way
just removed the guard liner and ran it down the front piller
all wires hidden and looks neat

Latest posts

Back