VNOG Gold detecting weekend.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leprechaun

Reaction score
Anyone interested in doing some gold detecting and camping around the Maryborough/Talbot area in February/March?.

Detector hire starts at $65 a day. Aim would be to get up there Friday night, hire the detectors for Saturday & half a Sunday.

Post up if your interested so we can set a date. :cheers!:

Jase.

With a lot of luck you may end up with these!

Attachments

• nuggets.jpg
    nuggets.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I have always thought about gold detecting, my uncle used to do a fair bit of gold panning and has a good little collection of gold. I would probably be keen as it is only 45min from my place, but I would struggle to plan a trip in 1 month at the moment let alone 3 months. Probably best to just make some plans and I will see if I am free closer to the date.

Anyone interested in doing some gold detecting and camping around the Maryborough/Talbot area in February/March?.

Detector hire starts at $65 a day. Aim would be to get up there Friday night, hire the detectors for Saturday & half a Sunday.

Post up if your interested so we can set a date. :cheers!:

Jase.

With a lot of luck you may end up with these!

sounds good.....did you find those nuggets?:rock:

Those nuggets in the pic were found in Halls Creek, not by me. Not sure if you'll get rich, but you'll find plenty of nails, bottle tops and spent bullets and end up with a aching arm by the end of the day.

Those nuggets in the pic were found in Halls Creek, not by me. Not sure if you'll get rich, but you'll find plenty of nails, bottle tops and spent bullets and end up with a aching arm by the end of the day.

You make it sound so appealing, sounds easier than tryin to keep up with bobcat!
Still lookin if we can make it...

This one was found a few years ago South of Maryborough, valued at 250K+. So yes you could get lucky, gold nuggets are rarer than diamonds so finding even a small one is a challenge but rewarding.

Attachments

• Gold-5338634.jpg
    Gold-5338634.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 51
I'll give it a run.

If it's anything like my fishing I'll call it a bush walking weekend. ;)

I'm just waiting for my wrist to mend a bit more. Bloody hard work detecting but if your all keen we could look at late Feb.

So what are we waiting for?
"Get rich Quick!"

Anyone got phosphates? Ian you've got 20l of diesel....beats an excavator any day!

How does April 8-10th sound??

For those able, meet up in Maryborough Friday night, have a counter meal and stay at the caravan park or camp in the nearby Paddy SF. Sat morning meet up at Coiltek Gold Centre, 6 Drive In Court, Maryborough to kit up with pick axes and detectors, then head off to a test patch for a quick gold finding lesson then off down to Talbot to find some big nuggets.

Camp Sat night and detect Sunday if anyone is still interested in walking in circles.

Thoughts?

http://www.coiltek.com.au/home.htm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back