What to have checked before warranty expires?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beergutz

Reaction score
My Nav comes out of warranty in 6 weeks. Just wondering if there are any issues that i should have checked out before she all over.

Only warranty issues ive had thus far are:

1. A/C drain new right angle fitting fitted to prevent water leaks on passenger side.

2. Plastic Moulding on steering wheel replaced due to flaking ( thanks to this website)

If there are any tit bits that anyone can recommend before she expires would be much appreciated. Might as well get it while i can.

Cheers Mark

The trouble you may run into taking them a list of potential issues you've got of the net is that they might just pass them off as too hard, too expensive for a car nearly out of warranty or just not worth it. Rather than go looking for possible problems focus on the things you do know about, listen for rattles, make sure they did the servicing properly and things like that.

Under normal warranties the buyer is still protected for reasonable claims for a few months after the warranty expires, it's harder to get the claim accepted but it's not impossible if it can be deemed a genuine warranty fault. On the other side of the same coin asking them to check something today because your warranty is close gives you no more guarantee of it not failing in 3 months.

My Nav comes out of warranty in 6 weeks. Just wondering if there are any issues that i should have checked out before she all over.

Only warranty issues ive had thus far are:

1. A/C drain new right angle fitting fitted to prevent water leaks on passenger side.

2. Plastic Moulding on steering wheel replaced due to flaking ( thanks to this website)

If there are any tit bits that anyone can recommend before she expires would be much appreciated. Might as well get it while i can.

Cheers Mark

Mark - I notice that you have an 08 auto - mine developed a vibration at approx 80kph + or - a coupla kph when under load...say going up a slight incline. Nissan had no hesitation in replacing the torque converter. I believe that this has been a problem for a number of people with autos so you just might like to check this potential issue out.

I also had the same vibration with my D40 auto under light loads between 80-90kmh in overdrive. Didn't have anything replaced, but I sold the vehicle at 40,000km anyway.

APprox 20% of my driving is towing a scissor lift on a trailer (2t), have had no problems what so ever. One of the major plusses of owning the Nav as it tows like a steam train. Touch wood.
I am having the odd issue of entering limp mode when hard accelerating but not leaving fault codes. Told Nissan i would video it with my phone as proof, so im hoping they will cover it maybe if just out of warranty

get the timing chain tensioner checked because mine is just out of warranty and the timing chain has snapped and teeth of the pulleys and stuffed the engine totally!!!!!!!!!!:suicide2:

APprox 20% of my driving is towing a scissor lift on a trailer (2t), have had no problems what so ever. One of the major plusses of owning the Nav as it tows like a steam train. Touch wood.
I am having the odd issue of entering limp mode when hard accelerating but not leaving fault codes. Told Nissan i would video it with my phone as proof, so im hoping they will cover it maybe if just out of warranty

Get it booked in to be fixed straight away, take a service bloke for test drive with you. If you go with it out of warranty they won't do anything, if its an on-going issue, they might. Get it fixed pronto

Latest posts

Back